Side skirt is coming off

JCarter05

:
2010 Mazdaspeed 3
Hello everyone, I'm a new mazda owner and new on the forums. I have a 2010 ms3 and the passenger side skirt has seperated itself about a millimeter off of the body. The area that is affected is about 4-5 inches long and when I pull it out a little I see a white clip that looks like it is no longer clipped to the skirt. I know these are suicide clips and that I can get them for about 1.50 at the dealership, but what I need is instructions or pictures showing me how to replace them. Thank you.

Personally, I wanna see what it would look like with the skirts off. If you do go for it on your own, take some pics!!!

side skirt off

Had the unfortunate mishap of curbing my car a few weeks ago. I hit toward the rear wheel and it pushed the side skirt off of 3 clips and put some nasty looking scratches on the side skirt. Luckily most of the damage is on the underside and not too visible.

I decided to remove the entire skirt and will take it to get touched up or repainted.

Here are some pics with the skirt off. I managed to get it off without removing all of the clips. Once you remove the two clips behind the front wheel (inside the wheel well), the whole skirt can be slid off by pushing it toward the front of the car (a few spots need lifted before they clip will slide).

ms3_skirt_removed.JPG
ms3_skirt_removed_2.JPG
ms3_skirt_removed_3.JPG

It's too bad they're drilled/clipped in like that. I actually thought about taking mine off till I found out there'd be a line of holes.

I hate to necropost, but this is the closest thing I've seen to my issue. What ever ended up happening with this?

Back