Side Skirt bump

sasp5

:
02 P5
Well yesterday i was driving home from work i was behind a big Cube van, i saw the van swerve. the van drove over a pretty good sized pice of wood and despite my best efforts i ended up going over it on the left side. after the front wheel went over i heard a big thud and then the back wheel rode over it. when i got home i inspected the damage. the left side skirt underneath looks to have taken the hit. the back end of it is no longer completely flush with the body and sticks out a bit. all the clips seem to be in tact but for whatever reason, it's moved outwards a bit. any ideas on how to get it back flush? or is it even a big deal. the wife says she can't even tell, but i know it's there and it bugs me. overall the damage seems minimal and only cosmetic. what do you think. ps sorry for the long post.

skirt.jpg
[/IMG]

have you tried pushing it in to see if it will move. how does the other side look. it also may have looked like that the whole time, but you just noticed it since yesterday. just a thought.

did you try a sledge hammer?

J/K

How about removing it and inspecting it, then puting some double sided tape on it?

the other side is nice and tight. i'm picky i would have noticed something like that especially since i washed it a few days ago. i was thinking of removing the whole thing and put double sided tape too, but i don't want to end up making it worse. i'll also have to wait for nicer weather to do that.

sasp5 said:
after the front wheel went over i heard a big thud and then the back wheel rode over it

Did you carefully check the rims and tires that went over the object?

Blowing out a damaged tire at speed is guaranteed to make you forget all about the damage to the skirt.

pasadena_commut said:
Did you carefully check the rims and tires that went over the object?

Blowing out a damaged tire at speed is guaranteed to make you forget all about the damage to the skirt.

yeah thats actually the first thing i did. tires and rims are OK.

i would lift the car, and remove it very carefully..... whatever plastic pieces you broke use some like superglue or gorilla stuff on it, this should help whatever broke, i did this to my passenger side rear view mirror (i came up underneath it while standing up and slamming my shoulder into it!) Now its like new!

Back