side mount turbo manifold?

castner

:
2008 mazdaspeed 3 sport
i was wondering if it would be possible to run a sidemount turbo manifold for our cars like something the acura rsx guys use. we could mount the turbo where the battery is and relocate the battery to the trunk right? some pics as examples
afihondak.jpghonda k series swap t3.jpgP1000807.jpg

i dont see an issue with this type of manifold although you guys may. Ive seen a couple of honda guys running these and it looks amazing

you'd have to relocate the ECU as well. Have fun with that aspect alone. Then figure out how to route the exhaust since the shifter cables run right along there.

Build your motor first to take advantage then see how willing you'll be to mess around with all that stuff.

I'd say that our turbo is in just about the optimum position given the layout of the car and powertrain in other respects. Chimmike is dead on right. Focus on "go" not on "show." If you want a Honda, you're in the wrong place.

What are your other mods? Turbo manifold is not a power mod unless you are fully bolted and custom AP tuned and running a BNR 3 or big turbo.

Back