side engine mounts

pcpower

would anyone recommend side engine mounts? I saw that SU has a set online for about $300 and it has great reviews. I don't think i've seen anyone on this mazdaforum which owns them though, although of course many people have invested in a rear engine mount.

if you do recommend the side mounts, would there by any negative to pairing the SU mounts with a TRZ rear mount?

thx

SU Engine mounts

Mark at street Unit got a set made up for me, and I currently had them installed in My Speed3. Initially vibration was felt from the engine, but that has now subsided somewhat. The vibration is still there but not so prominant, although I can still hear some whining form the gears in the box. It was never felt before the mounts were installed. The transmission mount sits slightly higher than the original.
A really good package. Street Unit transmission and right side mount, and rear engine mount.

Mark at street Unit got a set made up for me, and I currently had them installed in My Speed3. Initially vibration was felt from the engine, but that has now subsided somewhat. The vibration is still there but not so prominant, although I can still hear some whining form the gears in the box. It was never felt before the mounts were installed. The transmission mount sits slightly higher than the original.
A really good package. Street Unit transmission and right side mount, and rear engine mount.

would anyone recommend side engine mounts? I saw that SU has a set online for about $300 and it has great reviews. I don't think i've seen anyone on this mazdaforum which owns them though, although of course many people have invested in a rear engine mount.

if you do recommend the side mounts, would there by any negative to pairing the SU mounts with a TRZ rear mount?

thx

If you don't track your car then i'd say yes SU is the way to go but if you track your car the AWR is the way to go for the Rear and the side mount... i've seen what happens to a SU mount after a few seasons of track use...

Back