Short Ram Intake Noise?

RensoreK

:
Mazda Protege 5 (2003)
I never noticed this issue but when I bought and installed a short ram I hear a "boof" when the air compressor comes on or during change of gears (AT). Seems like a vacuum leak but can't seem to find it in the intake but I don't have map/baro codes (not maf). Is this in anyway normal?

Yeah its perfectly normal, unless you have hood open an you hear the vacum leak. But with these cai an sri they produce little noise, but you can hear them an i like it personaly.

I never noticed this issue but when I bought and installed a short ram I hear a "boof" when the air compressor comes on or during change of gears (AT). Seems like a vacuum leak but can't seem to find it in the intake but I don't have map/baro codes (not maf). Is this in anyway normal?
The OEM air filter box dampens sound coming for the intake side of the engine. The short ram CAI doesn't dampen engine sounds as much, or at all.
I had one on a Jetta that did the same thing and more. I felt like I could hear all the sounds of the cylinder head but amplified. I removed it and put the OEM air box back on.

I hear it when changing gears and when the air compressor comes on. Weird BOOOF noise. Can't find any vacuum leaks so just wanted to know if it was normal. Never had a short ram intake before.

Back