Shifting problems again

AHH!! I went up there today, and I had to wait for an hour because the service advisor wasnt there. After he finally got there I showed him the TSB and asked what he thought. He said he knew of the TSB and he thinks my grinding is "a normal characteristic of my car".. I asked him why a gear grinding was a normal characteristic of any car and he insisted that it was a clunk and not a gear gringing.. I asked him if it made any difference what is sounded like to him, as long as he heard something that wasnt there when I bought the car. He still insisted that it is a clunk and it is 100% normal. I showed him parts on the TSB directly relating to how the part was known to wear down and that production date change happened AFTER my car was already made. He insisted that my car prob isnt "one of the few that had this bad batch". I pointed out how the part isn't part of a "bad batch", it is an inferior material and thats why they changed the material it was made out of. He said that he will change the synchro but if the grinding is still there, I will have to pay the $1,000 dollar labor charge for changing the synchro. He again insisted that it is normal for a protege at 17k miles to make a noise when shifting into 3rd gear. I said I had driven all of the protege's in the DFWprotege club and none of them had this same problem. I told him about other people that had the problem and got it fixed under warranty. He said that he will call me when the mazda rep is in town next, and I told him I dont need him to arange it, I can arange it myself if it was really necessary. I again said I NEED something in writting for mazda because I am going to bring it to them. He hesitated and and said he "cant do that without looking at my car, and that to him there is nothing wrong with my car" He also said that if I really wanted to know what a bad synchro sounded like I could drive his dodge truck, and I said "ok, where is it". He said he didnt want to drive all the way home because it was 15 miles away (I love 20 miles away). I told him I would just like in writting that he thinks the problem is a normal characteristic of my car. He still refused.

What am I going to do? I am going to call Mazda and complain about this dealership, and say they refused me service with the TSB, and refused to give me in writting what his diagnosis is. I will also write them a nice long email and send it to Ron at the Dealership too. I am going to take my car to the closer dealership with the TSB, and talk directly to the guy in charge of warranty work. Hopefully they will fix it. If not Mazda will be getting a call about them too.

I have lost too many hours of work and put over 100 miles on my car and unneeded wear on my 3rd gear to get this fixed, and it is still not fixed.

Sorry to hear that man...If it grinds into third gear, that is obviously far from normal...I can't believe he is saying that is normal, and the fact that he won't put it in writing leads me to believe there are some tuna swimming near by...he probably says oil leaks are normal too...

Best bet for now is try another dealership, hopefully one that is near by...Sorry dude this sucks, but not every dealership's techs have an ass on top of their legs and neck...so hopefully they can work it out for you...

Installshield 2 said:
Sorry to hear that man...If it grinds into third gear, that is obviously far from normal...I can't believe he is saying that is normal, and the fact that he won't put it in writing leads me to believe there are some tuna swimming near by...he probably says oil leaks are normal too...

Best bet for now is try another dealership, hopefully one that is near by...Sorry dude this sucks, but not every dealership's techs have an ass on top of their legs and neck...so hopefully they can work it out for you...

The other closest dealership said my engine warranty is voided for having an intake..so I dont know how well this is gunna work out. I am DEFINATLY going to write a letter to mazda about this.. I am glad I asked for it in writting, and even more glad that he refused.

ELEmental59437 said:
The other closest dealership said my engine warranty is voided for having an intake..so I dont know how well this is gunna work out. I am DEFINATLY going to write a letter to mazda about this.. I am glad I asked for it in writting, and even more glad that he refused.

Holy s*** dude, the dealerships in that area sound like a pain in the ass...You could argue the intake thing, that has nothing to do with gearbox problems...and if you can take off the intake, return the car as much as stock powertrain wise and take it to a third dealership...Not sure if that is an option, but it seems there is no easy way out of this...

Installshield 2 said:
Holy s*** dude, the dealerships in that area sound like a pain in the ass...You could argue the intake thing, that has nothing to do with gearbox problems...and if you can take off the intake, return the car as much as stock powertrain wise and take it to a third dealership...Not sure if that is an option, but it seems there is no easy way out of this...

El Dorado Mazda WAS the 3rd dealership.. and I am looking for a 4th now. I will try the close one in hopes that they dont BS me.. but if I waste more than 2 hours I am out of there.

Back