Sheet Metal intake manifold MAGNUS

azian6er

Asian Law Student
:
Mazda Speed Protege #987
i emailed Marco at magnus about a sheet metal intake manifold and i got this response:

Bryan,

I have had people ask me to make them, but nobody was ever serious.

One off price is 1200, should you order 10 the price will come down considerably to
probably the 770 range retail price.

Marco

laub@umich.edu wrote:

[Hide Quoted Text]
Hello,

I am an avid mazda tuner, and have hit a stumbling block with my tuning i.e. my
stock intake manifold. No one makes a sheet metal manifold for the 2003
mazdaspeed protege and I am in dire need of one.

I am running a built motor (je and Pauter) garett gt3037s turbo and a plethora
of other modifications.

Long story short, there is a lot of interest for these manifolds and we need a
reputable shop such as Magnus to try to create one for us. How much would it
be to custom create one for the protege?

Thank you for your time, and i hope you guys could help out the protege
community.

-Bryan

I've seen Magnus Motorsports intake manifolds on only the best EVO's. They make WICKED stuff. A guy close to me is sponsored, and wow... the intake mani is the best thing I've seen.

I'd be willing to get some money together to purchase a piece like that from Magnus......$770 price range sounds good to me. If deposits are needed to get this started, let me know.

I'll make one for tree-fiddy.

I'm surprised the Magnus guys are even still thinking about Proteges after they pulled their exhaust.

Cry me a river, damn there are some whiny people here about Magnus, jealousy perhaps. Why concentrate on the small market MSP market when there are bigger fish in the sea? Marco's are accomplishments are deep, few are as comprehensively knowledgeble as he is at all aspects of a cars performance. IF you don't like his s***, oh well, you don't have the reputation in North America like he has.

http://www.magnusmotorsports.com/intake_manifolds.htm

This stuff is tested, true, and continues to improve.....a manifold is more than a plenum and 4 runners, so build one for $350, it will suck, let me know how it goes, I need a good laugh every once in a while. Magnus has the know how and the experience to make a superior product.

505zoom said:
Hmmm, I guess the MSP exhaust didn't include that 1 year warranty.

I don't know the story or do I care, every shop has people who talk s*** about them, that's a fact, even the best shops, you should hear the s*** people say about Buschur and Paisley. Magnus has a solid reputation, a bad exhaust story is a retarded reason not to go to them. Magnus is one of the most innovative DSM shops there is. Look at the site, this link exhibits pure engineering aptitude, this is one of the things they have done among many, explore this site, it is a true demonstration of skill.
http://www.magnusmotorsports.com/transmission.htm

IF you still want to talk s*** about Magnus, keep on running your 8 second mouth with your 13 second car.

Last edited:
jmc94gsx said:
I don't know the story or do I care, every shop has people who talk s*** about them, that's a fact, even the best shops, you should hear the s*** people say about Buschur and Paisley. Magnus has a solid reputation, a bad exhaust story is a retarded reason not to go to them. Magnus is one of the most innovative DSM shops there is. Look at the site, this link exhibits pure engineering aptitude, this is one of the things they have done among many, explore this site, it is a true demonstration of skill.
http://www.magnusmotorsports.com/transmission.htm

IF you still want to talk s*** about Magnus, keep on running your 8 second mouth with your 13 second car.

Wow dude, what's your problem? There is no need for comments like that.

I got bad service and it is 100% my right to voice my opinion now that several months have gone by without a resolution. I don't go around badmouthing them every chance I get, and my comments in this thread were not even as bad as they could have been. Keep the personal attacks to yourself especially if you don't know the story.

I have no doubts that Magnus has made some great products. I have even said over and over again that I am more than happy with the exhaust I got from them, now that it has been modified to fit properly.

My problem was with Marcos himself... he told me to have the exhaust modified at a shop after seeing pics of my fitment issues, and he said that he would personally re-imburse me for the work that needed to be done. He then totally dodged me after I had the work done so he wouldn't have to pay for it. Praise their products all you want, I know what they have done in the DSM world and have nothing but respect for that. However, I won't keep my mouth shut and let members of this community get the same treatment without first being warned.

jmc94gsx said:
This stuff is tested, true, and continues to improve.....a manifold is more than a plenum and 4 runners, so build one for $350, it will suck, let me know how it goes, I need a good laugh every once in a while. Magnus has the know how and the experience to make a superior product.

Your sarcasm meter requires calibration. Stop being a tool.

PS- I could build one for less than tree-fiddy

Hahaha ... I just read this post thats funny dude.. (lick)
I agree some what with what you are saying but there are alot of BS shops out there, so picking through them is hard , places like this make it easy to sort them out!

Back