Shaving My Rear (My god, the car!, not me!)

:
'02 Protege 5
Hey--So I've been planning to Shave the emblems on my car, but i have no clue whether they're just stickers, or if they're screwed into the hatch or anything...Let me Know..I'm just a confused little girl! --Dara

The emblems on the hatch are not screwed on but they have pins in the back of them that will leave holes when removed. You will need to have a body shop fill them in, and the entire hatch will need to be repainted.

I do like the shaved look, maybe one day I'll shave mines too(laugh)

you could fill the holes and, if you are careful and good, could paint them with little to no trouble and have them look near perfect.

^ that's what i'm planning on doing. fill the holes as carefully as i can, paint the fill and polish and polish and polish. they would probably be noticable up close, but more than a few steps away it should look pefect

they are "screwed" in. I tried to shave mine with the ol' hair dryer and floss. But I figured out that there are two rivet like pins in each the "mazda" and "protege" emblem. If you open your trunk and look where the emblems are (opposite side) you will see what I am talking about.

My rear is shaved. A buddy of mine did it for a bottle of nice scotch! lol. He welded the holes and all that. U can't even tell it was done!! I'll try to get a picture! The car's pretty dirty right now, damn winter.

mazdafreak73 said:
My rear is shaved. A buddy of mine did it for a bottle of nice scotch! lol. He welded the holes and all that. U can't even tell it was done!! I'll try to get a picture! The car's pretty dirty right now, damn winter.

Sorry can't stop laughing!!! (cryhard)
Did you say your rear is shaved and that your buddy did it???

jk....

RichMP5ard said:
Sorry can't stop laughing!!! (cryhard)
Did you say your rear is shaved and that your buddy did it???

jk....

(hand) (boom07) Hahahahhaahha....Yeeeaah that didn't come out right. I'm gonna take some pics of my car tonight and I'll post some pics.....OF MY CAR.... (lol)

It's the whole having to fill the holes and paint the back end that is holding me back from shaving my car.

Here are some pics....sorry I have a crappy camera......

Attachments

• kimRide_1.jpg
    kimRide_1.jpg
    23.1 KB · Views: 191
  • kimRide_2.jpg
    kimRide_2.jpg
    23 KB · Views: 154
  • kimRide_3.jpg
    kimRide_3.jpg
    17.2 KB · Views: 160
  • kimRide_4.jpg
    kimRide_4.jpg
    15 KB · Views: 153
  • kimRide_5.jpg
    kimRide_5.jpg
    14.2 KB · Views: 140
Well I got the holes filled + fiberglassed that other thing above the liscense plate.. the weatherstripping or whatever its called.

My body shop cost was $2700.. which included shaving the trunk, repainting it, putting on a full body kit, painting it, installing a carbon fiber grill, painting my eyelids and putting them on, putting on a evo hood + hood pins, installing the wind splitter and installing fog lights. I couldn't really break it down if I wanted to.

SP33D said:
Well I got the holes filled + fiberglassed that other thing above the liscense plate.. the weatherstripping or whatever its called.

My body shop cost was $2700.. which included shaving the trunk, repainting it, putting on a full body kit, painting it, installing a carbon fiber grill, painting my eyelids and putting them on, putting on a evo hood + hood pins, installing the wind splitter and installing fog lights. I couldn't really break it down if I wanted to.

$2700!! Damn my wife would straight up kill me
But, it looks really good

Can anyone describe the how to on removing the badges themselves? I was under the impression it was going to be a hairdryer peel deal..

they r "clipped" on, just look inside the trunk and u will see 2 little 'screws', u can take them off by hand

Back