Shaundarbie shift/ebrake boot & Mazda6 knob

Thought you folks might be interested...

I purchased a shift boot and ebrake boot from Shaundarbie and the silver/black Mazda6 knob in the hopes that it would match the silver trim around the shifter.

The boots are great - Thanks Shaun. I had my doubts about the ebrake boot, not because of the quality of the boot, but because the nice black leather looked out of place bunched up near the cheap plastic ebrake handle. When I removed the center console to replace the shift boot, however, I pulled the ebrake boot back, and left very little exposed. Once the center console went back on, it hid most of the leather, just leaving a little poking out, so the contrast isn't as great now. It looks much nicer like this.

The shift knob I'm still a little undecided on. The knob looks just like the Mazda3 knob, but has silver leather on the sides. The leather matches the silver shifter surround pretty nicely, and the knob looks pretty good, but it feels a bit weird in my hand. Maybe I'm just used to the stock knob, which is slightly bigger, and smoother (no stitching to hold the different leather panels together).

Anyway, pics below if you're interested. The first pic is with a flash and the silver color of the console and knob seems more realistic. The second pic is the same, but w/o the flash. The colors are a bit more muted, but it's easier to see how it all fits in the interior.

Attachments

• flash.JPG
    flash.JPG
    79.6 KB · Views: 231
  • noflash.jpg
    noflash.jpg
    118.5 KB · Views: 250
you need a short shifter :D

looks good!!

and if anyone hasn't done so....Welcome to the forum. Enjoy your stay.

I thought about a short shifter, but the stick already feels too far away for me. Any shorter and I'm not sure I'd like it. In any case, the car is mostly my wife's - when she gets a new car and I inherit this one, I'll think about it some more :).

Rogue Pro5 said:
you need a short shifter :D

looks good!!

and if anyone hasn't done so....Welcome to the forum. Enjoy your stay.

Nice setup! You installed the boot correctly--it's intended to be tucked in like that. But I had to include the extra material to help keep the shape and hold of the boot on the handle. You might have noticed that it fits nicely down where the ebrake meets the floor, where the rounded piece is.

I love the feel of the Mazda6/3 knob...feels like a baseball.

About the short shifter, I was worried about the same thing. However, since I switched the shifter in my 626 with one from an MSP, I'm never going back! :)

Back