Set Favorite Stations easier

7eregrine

The man, the myth, the legend
:
Land of Cleve
:
2016.5 CX5
I can't believe I'm the only one that doesn't know this. Hope not. I read the manual 3 times. Don't remember seeing this.
If you are on a station, AM, FM or even XM, push and hold the Commander Knob down.
"Added to Favorites"

Tell me I'm not the only one?

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

I can't believe I'm the only one that doesn't know this. Hope not. I read the manual 3 times. Don't remember seeing this.
If you are on a station, AM, FM or even XM, push and hold the Commander Knob down.
"Added to Favorites"

Tell me I'm not the only one?

Does it limit the favourites to each band or does it mix them all together (scratch)

Mixes them all under the Favorites option. Also when using the button on the steering wheel, cycles through all.

Mixes them all under the Favorites option. Also when using the button on the steering wheel, cycles through all.

That's what mine does. I don't like it. Should be able to separate them for different bands.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Did not know this and don't remember reading it in the manual. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's what mine does. I don't like it. Should be able to separate them for different bands.

I have my favorites separated, I'm pretty sure this is possible, if I remember correctly, you go the ADD/EDIT favorites and go to each station you want to move up or down on your favorites list, a bit tedious but once it's set it's done, you can cycle thru in the exact order you want..... give it a try

I have my favorites separated, I'm pretty sure this is possible, if I remember correctly, you go the ADD/EDIT favorites and go to each station you want to move up or down on your favorites list, a bit tedious but once it's set it's done, you can cycle thru in the exact order you want..... give it a try
So it is all still listed in one spot but you can put types like fun together right (scratch)

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

7eregrine, you lucky dog... I miss Cleveland's college radio. Best in the nation. No need for favorites where I am now, it's all commercial suck radio.

LOL. Yea, we have it good. Have 3 in my favorites. We finally have one decent commercial station, too: 99.1.

Tested yesterday. Worked from the "tuner" display where you find a station. Not from the regular FM display. Either way it worked a treat, - pushed the button down and the center of the tuner dial changed in appearance and after a second or two a little box populates saying "added to favorites" :)

Nice. I don't even have a commander knob to do so with.

Not even sure you can make favorites on mine. Maybe I should RTM huh? :D

To each his own. I want them all together so I can cycle through them all. Nothing in FM, I don't have to switch to XM to browse my favorites there.

go into add/edit favorites at the top of the list and you can order them any way you like - it appears it's always going to be a mix of xm/fm/etc but at least you can put them in a grouping that makes sense to you

Back