Serious problem with oil catch can or 505zoom manifold.

:
Protege5 2003
I have a P5 but I posted in this section because most P5 owners are NA. Ok, so I went ahead and changed my complete set up from a stock msp turbo,intake and exhaust manifolds. I changed the exhaust manifold to a steedspeed, intake manifold to a 505zoom, turbo to a gtx2863r and added a oil catch can with an inline check valve. If I start the car it goes completely lean in idle with an afr of 19.8 and you could hear air being sucked into the valve cover through the breather side. The catch can also begins to fill with oil at idle. I thought that the silicone on the inside of the valve cover where the pvc side is seperated from the breather side in compartments by a thin metal plate might have not been sealing well so I went ahead and cleaned everything and put fresh gray silicone. After letting it dry for about 12hours I started the car and had the same problem. So I went ahead and turned the check valve backwards so that no vacuum goes though the pcv system and the car idled perfecly with a afr of 14.7 but I cant leave it like this because the motor needs the pcv system. Any clues of what might be the problem?

That check valve is flowing way too much air. You need to find a way to incorporate an actual pcv valve into your system. Also having that breather port open will mess with the maf signal.

Ok, so I need to find a way to put a more restrictive check valve in the in the plumbing. I run a map sensor and a Haltech. Sprint 500. Uff thank god I dont run MAF anymore. Well let me see what I invent to get a pcv valve in the plumbing. If anybody has a good idea I am open for suggestions.

Back