Selling the LS1 for an MSP after 1 month. DANG YOU MAZDA!

Porsche

MP3 717
:
nothing currently....
Well I sold my MSP less than a month ago and purchased a 1998 Z28 Camaro with 70K miles on it.
My MSP I had purchased with 70K miles and sold it at 145K. She had a flood title rebuild but I did not have any issues with her. I think I had the thermostat replaced. She was going to need some work before to long as she was getting up there in miles. Before her I had a Mustang and before that an MP3 in Blue.
I dont know what it is about the body style of the MSP and MP3 but they are the most beautiful 4 door cars I have ever seen! And the handle amazing! Everytime I am without one all I do is think about getting another one. Both of mine have ran perfect so I am a little worried about getting one that might have issues. The LS1 are good cars but there is not much space in a camaro which I did not think about before buying it. ;)

So am I crazy (boom03) to sell my Z28 for a 2003 MSP with about 75K miles (it has an upgraded turbo and a few other parts). I figure it should run for a while without any issues since I dont race them and just cruise. I am in my 30's now so racing is not something I care about. More about the MPG now days and looking good cruising.

Thoughts?

I attached a pic of the Camaro.

Attachments

• Camaro.jpg
    Camaro.jpg
    23.8 KB · Views: 136
I have never been a catfish, I mean camaro guy but I don't see why an MSP wouldn't be a far superior daily. But like you say depending on the previous owners of the Mazda the reliability can be a crapshoot. I have always had great luck with my Proteges as well.

maybe look for a good condition, low milage p5 or es and build that up instead. if you dont care about the name, i think its a better, more reliable option than an msp/mp3 that has likely been beat to death in its life by people who dont really know what it is.

i wont lie in saying this route is tempting.. as my msp ages..

Get another MSP if you're willing to deal with the odds & ends that come with owing one. They've always been sweet to look at and a blast to drive even if it's not the fastest straight line auto you've tried to launch. The others already said it, good luck finding one that has not been abused in one way or another by someone trying to squeeze >250+HP out of our cars. You and Valk are of like minds when saying you want to take care of your MSPs without the need for racing them or extensively modding them.

I may be the oldest MSP owner on the boards and DD my Jeep while saving my 'Dragonfly' for beautiful sunny weekends, drives on the interstate and the rare car show for SNG. I get asked questions about her since MSPs aren't on every street especially nowadays.

The msp is a great commuter once you work out all the Kinks..and like you said I do catch myself looking at the car and saying dam some days it does look good lol

one big thing is there are so many camaros and mustangs out there. everyone has one but you get a clean msp or mp3 and its good looking with out some gay looking body-kit. there just damn good looking. and with there not being many out there its something that just catches you eye.

Latest posts

Back