Seibon carbon fiber hoods?

Scott

:
Nissan Cube/Honda Ruckus
Well, Seibon now makes an OEM-style carbon fiber hood for the 00-03 Protege and Protege 5. Judging by Seibon stuff I've seen in the past, they generally sell top quality stuff. They usually glass coat both the top and the bottom of the hood very cleanly and was wondering if anyone here had one yet.

If not, I may purchase one in the coming months. One of my close friends is a retailer that sells Seibon stuff and has extended me his discount because he wants me to get one. But I just want to see other users' experience with this hood. Fitment, quality, and all that jazz.

seems like impreza owners have been pretty happy with the stock of parts they have.

would they only do a hood, or would they also do trunks and grills and such?

Not too sure. I know they do a variety of parts (their carbon fiber roof for the S2000 is sick), but as far as I know, they only offer a hood for the Proteges right now.

I'll ask my friend to check into other parts.

The company my friend works for (Alamo Motorsports) lists them for $442 plus $89 for shipping. So total shipped price would be $531.

I had talked to him briefly about doing a group buy on these, but I wanted to make sure quality was what I expect before starting such a purchase. Group buy price would likely be around $485 shipped.

well, i just got one of their trunk lids for my S, pretty impressed w/ fitment & quality. haven't noticed any weave flaws.

I've got a hood they built that was damaged in shipping (I use for scrap pieces of carbon). I can only imagine they are all like this, but it's just a fiberglass hood with a sheet of carbon fiber over the top. It weighs quite a bit for a "carbon fiber" hood.

I didn't like the design, but it's not uncommon for companies to build hoods like that. I bought a Fiber Images hood because it is an actual carbon fiber hood that looks good and reduces weight.

I can sell Seibon hoods at $415 if you are interested.

Last edited:
Back