Sedan headlights in a Protege5?

Anyone know where I can find more info on how to convert a protege5 to the sedan headlights?

I've already done a search and found threads where people put P5 headlights into a sedan but not vise versa. Anyone know where i can find more details on how to do the swap and wiring?

The reason I'm looking at this is because one of my P5 headlights is broken and I'm having a hard time locating a replacement for a reasonable cost. The sedan ones are about half the price of a P5 headlight.

It will work but you'd need the harness for high/low beam because the P5 has them separated while sedans have them together. My friend when he still had his p5, changed out his stock p5 lights to sedan lights.

what about the turn signal and the orange parking light? does anything have to be done to that part of the harness?

on the P5, isn't the turn signal and the parking light a dual element bulb while on the sedan the parking light and turn signal are two separate bulbs?

hey i have the same problem you do. i have a mp5 as well and i got in an accident about 2 months ago and im still trying to find some headlights. The only ones i've found are on parts.com and the dealer. but that's about it. I was thinking about doing the same conversion.

I think you should stay with the p5 lights.
I'm sure someone or some scrapyard has p5 lights lying around ?
did you post in the WTB-section yet?

I, by the way, have a set of oem 2002 protege5 headlights in my garage. Excellent condition from a low mileage car that took them out because it needed european headlights to pass european tests.
If anyone is interested (not needing them anyway), just drop a pm.

Latest posts

Back