Seattle Silver paint

wirfdog1

:
2003 MazdaSpeed Protege
I was wondering where I can get this paint? I have looked at all the local car supply stores, and none of them seem to have it there. Am I just going to have to order it from them? Thanks.

http://www.automotivetouchup.com/

YR94M Seattle Silver Met. Exterior

Looks like the gauge pod, but I used the surface adhesion promoter and 3 layers of clearcoat.

MSP-GaugeInstall-Day.jpg

i got mine at pepboys and advanced auto.

My only issue with this color is that it has a gold tint to it compared to the actual silver color that is on the car.

Ill just say that i was not that impressed with the color and redoing the stuff i painted with the Seattle silver. You can tell in the pic posted above that its not "really" a pure silver color kind of has a gold hue to it.

see now im on a different computer and that pic does look likea close match, but i have used the seatle silver on my stuff and it just seems like it has a goldish tint to it.

i got mine at pepboys and advanced auto.

My only issue with this color is that it has a gold tint to it compared to the actual silver color that is on the car.

Ill just say that i was not that impressed with the color and redoing the stuff i painted with the Seattle silver. You can tell in the pic posted above that its not "really" a pure silver color kind of has a gold hue to it.
So does the MSP interior as copmpared to the P5 interior.

Seattle silver is about as close as you can get in a ready mixed, readily available rattle can.

You can get closer...but is not as easy..or as cheap.

I think the biggest issue is that the factory stuff is a heavy matte to very low gloss finish and the Seattle silvers are all finished with Gloss.

Just my shiny nickels worth.

Last edited:
I think the biggest issue is that the factory stuff is a heavy matte to very low gloss finish and the Seattle silvers are all finished with Gloss.

Agreed - And you would know with all the fabrication you have done as shown on this forum.

Still the gloss in the pic is like 6 layers of clearcoat.

Back