Seattle area advice for a newly relocated brother...

Poseur

Contributor
:
03.5 Lsr Blue P5
Hey guys, so firstoff if you don't know, I just moved this week to Shoreline from Yakima. Took a job at a cool company in redmond and have been really enjoying everything overhere, except for not knowing thisng like where to go to get my brakes done. I'm in dire need. One of the rear's is sounding like metal on metal right now. I'm tempted to just toss on my own pads, but I don't even have a decent level driveway. Tried checking with les schwab by my work and they quoted me like 5bills because apparently they actually swapout calipers as well. At anyrate, does anyone maybe know of a place that'd be worthwhile going to? I kinda need to get it taken care of soon.

I should mention that the reson I'm looking for someplace to do it is I fear with teh metal on metalbit that I may need my rotors resurfaced.

Welcome to the westside....Where are you working in Redmond??? I live out there, but work in downtown....

As far as brakes....Beats me...I just had my wife's 98 Protege done at Lee Johnson Mazda in Kirkland...and I've had my fronts replaced at Les Schwab in the past....both times ran about $200 for fronts or rears...Plus if you can bring in your own parts to the dealer, they usually only charge for the labor...I'm getting my Tokicos put on tomorrow at Lee Johnson, and they're cutting me a good deal on the labor...

Call up Doug's Lynwood Mazda....shoot the s*** with them for a bit and they might knock the "labor" cost down a bit....They just had a RX-7 meet last week and some of the guys who work there seemed pretty cool.

We should meet up sometime over in Redmond and shoot the s***....

Later Daniel

ProtoType5 said:
Welcome to the westside....Where are you working in Redmond??? I live out there, but work in downtown....

As far as brakes....Beats me...I just had my wife's 98 Protege done at Lee Johnson Mazda in Kirkland...and I've had my fronts replaced at Les Schwab in the past....both times ran about $200 for fronts or rears...Plus if you can bring in your own parts to the dealer, they usually only charge for the labor...I'm getting my Tokicos put on tomorrow at Lee Johnson, and they're cutting me a good deal on the labor...

Call up Doug's Lynwood Mazda....shoot the s*** with them for a bit and they might knock the "labor" cost down a bit....They just had a RX-7 meet last week and some of the guys who work there seemed pretty cool.

We should meet up sometime over in Redmond and shoot the s***....

Later Daniel

shoot the s***??? is that slang for like holding hands and pooping together?

j/k j/k

Matthew1785 said:
shoot the s***??? is that slang for like holding hands and pooping together?

j/k j/k

Actually yes it is...Then we can cross streams and toss some salad..

ProtoType5 said:
Actually yes it is...Then we can cross streams and toss some salad..

id probably have to pass on that one...

always a good time for some boobies ->(boobs2)

so I'm a cheapass, think I'm actually just gonna give it a whirl ghetto-rigging it in the driveway. Brought home some tools from work, and with niv's how-to I think I'm good. Schwabbie's spendy because they replace full calipers with rebuilt ones. I'd sorta rather not go that route when the only thing that's wornout is the pads. We'll see how it goes I guess.

Beyond that, umm Synergy Systems. it's on ne 124th st and 134th ct ne. Totem lake area. Oh, and I'm living in shoreline near richmond beach.

Back