Seagulls in Maine are Dangerous

nebo

So i'm cruising in my mp3 tonight on rt 24 in Maine, showing off the car to a girlie i had with me. I'm coming back into town and there's a seagull sitting in the other lane eating dinner. it was kinda close to the line, so i honked to get it out of the way. and what does it do? it looks up at me, and takes off. not away from the car, that would be too easy. it started flying right in the path of my car. with nowhere to go, i flew (no pun intended) right into that damn bird :eek: . luckily, no damage was done as it hit the passenger's side of the windshield and when up and over the car and somehow flew away afterwards. but it did leave some bird sh*t on the window that i promptly wiped off the next time i stopped. i never knew seagulls were that stupid to fly right into the path of an oncoming car... oh, and the girl was kinda mixed with feeling of "poor bird" and "that was f-in awesome!" hopefully she'll be back... (hitit)

that probably scared the doo doo out of you.....but here in TEXAS we have much larger birds on the roads to deal with eating dinner.....owls.....hawks....and BUZZARDS!!!!!

my car wasn't but about 6 months old or so and I had one do pretty much the same thing as that seagull did to you...but a buzzard is MUCH BIGGER than a seagull....it nearly came THROUGH the passanger side of the windshield....and blew a hole it in about the size of a softball....

BUZZARD BLEW OUT MY WINDSHEILD THREAD

I thought this was going to be like the "birds" movie.

A couple of my coworkers went downto the pier for lunch one
day. One of the guys was holding a sandwich and walking
around. Out of nowhere this crazy seagull swoops in and rips
it right out of his hands. Man was he pissed and freaked out at
the same time. I couldn't stop laughing it was soo funny.

Same situation happened to me, this bird didn't want to leave his roadkill, but it was a great egret..they're huge.these things have like 5 ft wingspans...:eek: If I hit it, it would have split my car in half... So I had to swirve into the other lane as he finally started to move...barely missed him.

up here we have deer and boy do they do some damage. the worst part is that they dont stand in the road, you dont even see them until they sprint across the road right in front of your car. its nerve-wrecking to be driving on roads surrounded by wooded areas at night because you have to ready to slam on your brakes if one happens to run in front of you...............

it is funny...........................until a huge deer runs in front of you..................

Back when I used to live in the middle east
I used to see horrific crashes.......Subarbans, landcruisers and the such would be totalled. But, there were no other cars. The only victim(which 50% of the time walks away with no harm) are camels. Those animals could total your car and walk away with a broken bone or fractured even. One a bad day, they would get killed, but damn, they would freaking total a car. No question about that.

protejay5 said:
up here we have deer and boy do they do some damage. the worst part is that they dont stand in the road, you dont even see them until they sprint across the road right in front of your car. its nerve-wrecking to be driving on roads surrounded by wooded areas at night because you have to ready to slam on your brakes if one happens to run in front of you...............

we have dear here too....but a deer isn't s***.....you want to REALLY watch out for the wild hogs....If you have ever hit a 350 pound wild hog....well is like running into a BOULDER....I have seen this happen...fortunately not to me...but to some of my friends at work....deer are bad enough....hogs are worse.

protejay5 said:
up here we have deer and boy do they do some damage.

i was in a forerunner with my buddy once when we creamed this one dear. the two up front were busy watching the one that just ran in front of us, didn't even see the one still coming... word of advice to tourists, deer NEVER travel alone. if you see one, look for others.
but that's not the most dangerous thing in maine. we have giant meese (moose plural. goose->geese, moose->meese) and i'm guessing they fall just like the camels. their centers of mass are so high and their legs are so long that you hit them, and you take them down, but all the weight falls through the windshield. more people have died in moose accidents them moose! they usually get up and walk away.

but yeah, i guess my seagull story isn't very much compared to the buzzard one...

Latest posts

Back