ScratchNSniff's Protege5 Progress Thread...Lots of Pics...

Love the interior man, suits the pro5 well.

Now for some questions...

what was modified for the rears to fit?
are they near the same dimensions as what comes stock in the hatch??
Can you retain the 60-40 split/does it still work?

cheers
marc

Car has 14 more payments left on it...I am 20...about to be 21, am on my parents insurance (luckily) and have not a single violation against me on my record...I get a discount for my dads retired military, my grades, my mom being in education, me being in education...pretty much our insurance policy gave me and my brother a ton of reductions and that is why we went with them...insurance is in fact full coverage with a $500 deductible...

Wow talk about stacking discounts! lol I need to be added to your insurance! lol I pay roughly 170 a month on my MSP alone with a good record.. One ticket in the past 3 years and that was out of state. Other then that my driving rec is spotless!

Love the interior man, suits the pro5 well.

Now for some questions...

what was modified for the rears to fit?
are they near the same dimensions as what comes stock in the hatch??
Can you retain the 60-40 split/does it still work?

cheers
marc

Thanks Marc...as for the rears...I shortened the sides on them down a bit...mainly had to cut out extra foam due to them having to much to sit flushly...the brackets on the back there was no way to "bolt" them in, so instead I had to weld them in...the 60/40 split is in fact still functional...the bottoms however, after lots and lots of trying would of never fit in, so we removed the stock Speed3 bottom seat cover and recovered the bottom back seats with it...it was a lot less work IMO to get the backs in than I was originally thinking...there is also a set of Speed3 leathers FS for $550 shipped right now...front/rear...if you are interested I can foward you to the link...

Very well getting a set of these as well too due to you...just for backup...

DSCN1053.jpg
[/COLOR]

Small update with a few pics...a run through the North Carolina Mountains as well as the new JDM tailights...also have installed the Hella Dual Supertone horns...

Currently I am still waiting on the MSP lip to get painted and hopefully picking up Pro5x2's three gauges (no clue what the heck they are...lol) as well as his MP3 ECU...

Troysmeet266.jpg

Troysmeet302.jpg

Troysmeet339.jpg

Troysmeet352.jpg

AlexsCameraPictures168.jpg

Yea...most of the time it actually looks fresh though and hangs perfect...that one I backed into a curve with...haha...

The protege seems more boxier to me, which is why I like it over the mazda3. I'm loving those JDM tails. I got a set for myself too :)

The car looks great!

What no MP3 ECU upgrade? Boo! Car looks awesome! Where did you get the clock/Radio Pocket?

Back