Scratches on the Paint

08M5GTGSP

:
08 Mazda5 GT w/Sirius Satellite & Autodim Mirror/Compass/Homelnk
Can a good detailer get rid of paint scratches - pretty major ones?

We had several inches of snow back in March, and for lack of anything else, I used a.... wait for it..... putty knife(!!!) to remove snow/ice from my car. I thought I could keep it just off the surface, but no such luck.

I'm sure you can imagine the types of scratches - can this sort of thing be buffed out, or whatever other magic detailers or body shops have in their bags of tricks?

I suggest you go to a body shop... they may be able to wet sand your clearcoat to repair...

ok I may be out of touch with snow and ice removal but wtf would make you use a puddy knife....it not like I would use a scraper for my drywall...(flame2)(ughdance)

chances are the only way to rid them if they are major is to refinish they panel! looks like this may have been a costly mistake on ur part!

Can a good detailer get rid of paint scratches - pretty major ones?

We had several inches of snow back in March, and for lack of anything else, I used a.... wait for it..... putty knife(!!!) to remove snow/ice from my car. I thought I could keep it just off the surface, but no such luck.

I'm sure you can imagine the types of scratches - can this sort of thing be buffed out, or whatever other magic detailers or body shops have in their bags of tricks?

Post pics of said scratches and I'll let you know if they can be buffed out.

I just got myself 2 pens (Mazda stormy blue and carbon gray + the clearcoat, it is an exact match), for my car scratches and is just plain awesome but yeah, with no pics it is difficult for the experts around the forums to assess what is best (dunno)

http://www.paintscratch.com/

I suggest you go to a body shop... they may be able to wet sand your clearcoat to repair...

ok I may be out of touch with snow and ice removal but wtf would make you use a puddy knife....it not like I would use a scraper for my drywall...(flame2)(ughdance)

When you've got to get to work, sometimes you grab what's closest, and think about consequences later, unfortunately. I tried taking pics with my cameraphone (5mp), but it doesn't seem to want to focus closeup. Will keep trying & post when I can get clear pics.

Back