Scammed!

K Dawg ONE said:
I also got all this jibberish:

Search results for: 66.26.57.89

OrgName: Road RunnerOrgID: RRMAAddress: 13241 Woodland Park RoadCity: HerndonStateProv: VAPostalCode: 20171Country: USReferralServer: rwhois://ipmt.rr.com:4321NetRange: 66.26.0.0 - 66.26.255.255CIDR: 66.26.0.0/16NetName: ROADRUNNER-MIDSOUTHNetHandle: NET-66-26-0-0-1Parent: NET-66-0-0-0-0NetType: Direct AllocationNameServer: DNS1.RR.COMNameServer: DNS2.RR.COMNameServer: DNS3.RR.COMNameServer: DNS4.RR.COMComment: ADDRESSES WITHIN THIS BLOCK ARE NON-PORTABLERegDate: 2000-09-29Updated: 2002-08-14TechHandle: ZS30-ARINTechName: ServiceCo LLCTechPhone: +1-703-345-3416TechEmail: abuse@rr.comOrgAbuseHandle: ABUSE10-ARINOrgAbuseName: AbuseOrgAbusePhone: +1-703-345-3416OrgAbuseEmail: abuse@rr.comOrgTechHandle: IPTEC-ARINOrgTechName: IP TechOrgTechPhone: +1-703-345-3416OrgTechEmail: abuse@rr.com

</PRE>​
Thats a roadrunner ip in from a roadrunner isp in VA, guys, is it possible there is more than one person involved?

They could be scamming all types of car forums.

What a piece of sh@t..... I live about 30 min from Carlsbad... If we could get an accurate address, I would have no problem making a house call to recover the parts/cash...... (nuts)

vindication said:
subscribibg to see if anyone actually has the balls to go there and get this dudes money/lip back.
...same here. scams like this suck and screw lots of people! people have nothing better to do (get a real job)!!! they would rather try and take people's money and run from getting caught.....fun, fun, fun!

insanoman2005 said:
paypal requires an actual bank account match the user info. If he accepted money through paypal there is a bank account with his correct info.
so chances are this is the scumbag then:

Hedges said:
Now this is the address and name via the paypal

Barr, Brandon
Carlsbad, CA 92008-5087
(760) 730-7570

im just subscribing to see what happens, but to get a visit on video, or to get his phone # would be a trip

i don't think that brandon barron is a real name b/c that is the same name that came up when i paypaled the money for rodney2000's for sale thread. So someone is obviously scamming the protege boards with different names. I have a couple IP addresses for anyone with more info on this guy.

another e-mail addy for this guy is rodneygood@hotmail.com and good_556@hotmail.com

here's an idea: get the address of the three phone numbers posted up and then someone can do a recon mission by rolling through the houses. If any sign of a protege in any house come back and post it here. Then a few people role through to his house and pimp slap him brfore any words are exchanged. And if it turns out to be the wrong guy than say your sorry, lol.

Note from my story.. my item is getting shipped tonight. so i'm happy again
guy tried last night but found out international C.O.D. doesn't exist.

C.O.D. is best :) so it gets shipped to Watertown,NY and I go pick it up next week :)

mixmaster_matt said:
i don't think that brandon barron is a real name b/c that is the same name that came up when i paypaled the money for rodney2000's for sale thread. So someone is obviously scamming the protege boards with different names. I have a couple IP addresses for anyone with more info on this guy.

another e-mail addy for this guy is rodneygood@hotmail.com and good_556@hotmail.com
you guys are doing a lot of work to catch this person/people. i so hope they are caught and get nailed for this. keep the good work going......

Okay we are up to 5 people now who paid this ass hole. I think some external orginazation should be involved.

Hedges - Front lip
SNike05 - Intake
Qidan - Intake
illwill84 - altezzas
seattleLX - side skirts

Edit:

Make that 8

from protegeclub.com

centsless - the wheels (damn)
cheifmg - springs
pro-esgt-01 - deposit for intake and springs

Last edited:
well I think we should find a name that goes with the aol address. Cause you can't make up an aol account without having an account with them.

SNike05 said:
Okay we are up to 5 people now who paid this ass hole. I think some external orginazation should be involved.

Hedges - Front lip
SNike05 - Intake
Qidan - Intake
illwill84 - altezzas
seattleLX - side skirts

Edit:

Make that 8

from protegeclub.com

centsless - the wheels (damn)
cheifmg - springs
pro-esgt-01 - deposit for intake and springs
Add me to the list as well. He got me for $125 for a digital camera on the protegeclub board using the rodney2000 account.

Well,

are all AOL ip's. He's got to be using AOL. All these ip's however are from VA again.

The plot thickens. I still think there is more than 1 person involved.

1st of all...I hate to see these threads!

2nd...I hope someone catches the bastard and the story gets around!

3rd...If members catch him...don't do anything stupid...there is a right way to get justice!

4th...I need some "Fraud Prevention" Mods for the non-vendor for sale forum...if you have actual experience with fraud detection and prevention and are respected in this community PM ME!

I'm trying to do all that I can to prevent these bastards from ripping off MF members but I need your help!

LapisBlueProteg said:
i talked to my bro and him and about 5 friends are willing to do this with a video as soon we have a correct addy!

If I live closer to you, i'd be down with this!

Back