Saying hello from a potential buyer of the Mazda5

kashun842

:
2014 Mazda5 Sport 6MT, 1997 Miata
Hi all, I am in the phase just finished all my research on the Mazda 5, test drive, look up pricing over some website like trucar.com etc... and most important is I came across this board which I believe is the most active forum about the 5. Keep my story short. I have set my mind pretty quick in the market of minivan and Mazda 5 is the best/ only choice for me coz I want a manual... From what I found, Mazda is having a dealer incentive of $2000 till the end of this month. To be honest, I am not quite familiar with the pricing information like this. I know if the middle of the year and buying the same MY might not be a smart move. I was wondering how often they have incentive offer to the dealer like this? And I have "Prices paid and related questions" and seems like the offers I got or the truecar cert. price (around $178xx for a Sport MT +tax and DMV) is not too good. The last concern I have is the Skyactiv drivetrain. The MPG figure is so attractive and I am just worry I will kill myself if I bought it and the Skyactiv Mazda 5 come out next year. I would like to hear more advise and believe someone here know million time than myself(braindead. Thanks in advance.

Jason

From what I have been hearing is that they will not be having a next Mazda 5 and they will be replacing it as far as I know with a CUV. So I wouldn't worry about waiting. As far as the dealer incentives, you can still bargin the price you want at the dealer. It is not a set price.

The SkyActive Mazda5 has been available for some time in Japan, and they haven't seen fit to bring it to US/Europe yet (apart from the DISI + iStop on the Euro model), so I wouldn't worry.

thanks guys. i started calling dealers and got some offers around 17500 before tax and tag around 19500 otd. i believe it's not the best deal out there but not sure how low i can go. should i just tell them someone offer me xxxxx and let them beat the price one by one? I dont wanna be a ahole always bring a lower price back to the dealer who agree a price for me all the time. So i am thinking to start from the dealers which is far away from me and go to the one closet the last, tell them the price and see if they can beat or at lease match it or it doesn't really matter?

Mazda incentive is always around - the pricing in general gets lowered towards the end of the year just like most manufacturers. Check with Edmunds, carsdirect...you can knock off a few hundred dollars from there - good luck and let us know.

Back