Saw a new ZO6 today

Watched a C6 Z06 race a brand new F430 and a Continental GT back in August during the Woodward Dream Cruise. That's the great thing about Detroit, we see these cars long before anyone else does. I saw my first Z06 on the road back in June.

Why oh why can't GM make a REAL orange color...like the spicy orange? It's always that cat s*** "burnt" orange.(deadhorse

haha, i was passing an orange c6 at the track a few weeks ago. poor guy didn't know the limits of a REAL car until he had his instructor drive it... then he actually put up a fight with me. still sad though. they are very nice cars indeed, esp the z06.

girth said:
Why oh why can't GM make a REAL orange color...like the spicy orange? It's always that cat s*** "burnt" orange.(deadhorse

Because "spicy" orange is hideous. It screams "i'm a suburban chick with a quasi-tuner car" at the top of it's lungs. Laser blue is right behind it.

POSEIDON said:
Because "spicy" orange is hideous. It screams "i'm a suburban chick with a quasi-tuner car" at the top of it's lungs.

AMEN to that!! (rofl) That 'Daytona Sunset Orange Metallic' rocks, though! As does the burnt orange-rust color that Mazda offers now. I have seen it on the 6. Nice!

Those "burnt" orange colors suck ass! They've been around for ages on lots of cars....who wants to ride around in what looks like a cat turd with wheels on it? To each their own I guess. Can't beat spicy...best color ever with Lotus's "chrome orange" a close 2nd.

I used to hate that color too, but it actually does look pretty good on the Z06's. Now on a Colorado, or Cobalt....yeah it looks like ass.

Haha, those things have been on the road here for the past 7 months or so. Beleive me, the corporate guys get on them like theres no tomorrow. Quite a few of the body parts are carbon fiber, and they are much wider than the normal vetter. My friend works at the plant and got to take one out for the day, definately bad ass. I'd still rather have the viper though IMO.

Watched a C6 Z06 race a brand new F430 and a Continental GT back in August during the Woodward Dream Cruise. That's the great thing about Detroit, we see these cars long before anyone else does. I saw my first Z06 on the road back in June.
the zo6 one then ya?
<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

Bass Addict said:
Haha, those things have been on the road here for the past 7 months or so. Beleive me, the corporate guys get on them like theres no tomorrow. Quite a few of the body parts are carbon fiber, and they are much wider than the normal vetter. My friend works at the plant and got to take one out for the day, definately bad ass. I'd still rather have the viper though IMO.

Yep, and the engines are handbuilt here in Michigan at the GM Tech Center. Titanium conn rods too. Pretty damn impressive for a $70,000 car. That's actually a hell of a bargain for what you are getting. I'd much rather have a Z06 over a Viper. Viper doesn't have the power advantage anymore over the vette, and the vette has a much better power to weight ratio and better handling. And the Viper costs $10 grand more.

Back