Sat Nav and Phone Muffled Help Please!

cflintf3

:
Mazda CX-5
I've had my CX-5 since February and have racked up 14,000 miles on it, the past couple of weeks I've been having a problem with the sound on the Sat Nav and phone being muffled,

Its so muffled i cant hear the person on the other end of the phone, dont get me wrong its loud just completely muffled,

The radio works perfectly,

I've reset back to Factory settings on both the cars settings and the TomToms and also taken the fuse out and put it back in for a complete reset,

what am i missing?

There are 4 volume levels that are independent of each other.

1. Radio volume
2. Nav volume
3. Car bluetooth volume
4. Phone bluetooth volume

While talking on the phone make sure to turn up the cars volume as well as the volume on your phone...report back your findings.

1. Radio volume
2. Nav volume
3. Car bluetooth volume

this is such a royally huge pain in the ass....
they really should have a settings screen where you set them all in relation to each other, then have them 'locked' and have a 'master volume' thats controlled by the dial and wheel buttons

Friggin took me a week to figure this out as well. My navigation volume was somehow lowerd to like 5 and the music would get lower but I could not hear the Nav for s***. So finally realized to turn the volume dial up while the Navigation voice was talking and that did the trick. Very annoying that you can accidentally turn down the volumes and not even realize.

No change

1. Radio volume
2. Nav volume
3. Car bluetooth volume

While talking on the phone make sure to turn up the cars volume as well as the volume on your phone...report back your findings.

I wish that was the answer, the volumes not a problem i can turn all the volumes up, but then its just a really loud muffled voice on both the phone and sat nav, might just book my car into my local Mazda dealership, they've already had one look and cant work it out,

thanks though

1. Radio volume
2. Nav volume
3. Car bluetooth volume

I wish that was the answer, the volumes not a problem i can turn all the volumes up, but then its just a really loud muffled voice on both the phone and sat nav, might just book my car into my local Mazda dealership, they've already had one look and cant work it out,

thanks though

Do you have the Bose?

I've had my CX-5 since February and have racked up 14,000 miles on it, the past couple of weeks I've been having a problem with the sound on the Sat Nav and phone being muffled,

Its so muffled i cant hear the person on the other end of the phone, dont get me wrong its loud just completely muffled,

The radio works perfectly,

I've reset back to Factory settings on both the cars settings and the TomToms and also taken the fuse out and put it back in for a complete reset,

what am i missing?
DId you ever figure it out? I'm having the same issue. I have the Bose system on my 2016 cx5, and the same problem you describe.

This has to be a record!

Someone resurrecting a 9-year-old thread. 9 years!

Back