safe way

mikey1981

to make this truck even faster, but professionally faster. . .in other words, safe & reliable.

ideas? this truck just makes me wana go ever faster with more power, i want some top end that it just doesnt seem to have.

A good tune would do wonders with how rich the DISI runs. Maybe a downpipe and exhaust. Better TMIC or convert to a FMIC. Turbo upgrade.

You might be able to make it quicker, but unless you reprogram the ECU ("chip it"), you're still going to be limited to 117 mph.

Not everyone is obsessed with top speed. Most would just like to get up to speed more quickly.

1Sleepy93 said:
Not everyone is obsessed with top speed. Most would just like to get up to speed more quickly.

Obsessed...maybe. I just think my 244-hp turbo '07 CX-7 (16.1 hp/weight ratio) should be able to outrun my 134-hp normally-aspirated '97 Miata (18.7 hp/weight ratio), which will hit an honest, GPS-measured 125 mph, given the time and distance (about two miles of flat Interstate and about two minutes). The -7 is absolutely quicker, but the Miata is faster, and it is, like, such a chick car.

But that's me... (peep)

kickniteasy said:
some of us try and avoid felonies.......=)

Yeah, well, I was recently alleged to have been doing 88 in a 65. I'll let you know how that comes out. My court date is 20 February.

And another thing...

mikey1981 said:
Exactly, im not looking for HIGH SPEED, im looking for power/faster acceleration AT higher speed

Don't know where you are, but Tennessee has a "max performance" thingie in their law, so if you're planning to do do a sub-five 0-60, don't do it in TN, because The Man will be The Man, and you will be, ummm, well, you figure it out.

A Deal's Gap veteran said that. I know him, and he's honest.

Last edited:
mikey1981 said:
to make this truck even faster, but professionally faster. . .in other words, safe & reliable.

ideas? this truck just makes me wana go ever faster with more power, i want some top end that it just doesnt seem to have.

corksport is making a downpipe,exhaust and fmic for our cx-7s that will make it way faster in a reliable and safe mode!!

thanks for the info,

im not from Ten and id be hard pressed to have cop hand me a ticket. how the hell is he going to clock an acceleration speed lol thatd be a fun day in court.

If there is something that can be done to get the 0-60 down in the lower 6 secs, it would definitely be something I would consider...

As for the top speed, it's not that important... 117 mph is fast enough, but I read somewhere that the European one was set to go somewhere around 130 or so... so I think it is ridiculous that someone decided that here in the US a chip is set to limit the top speed... free the CX-7 top speed... ;)

mikey1981 said:
thanks for the info,

im not from Ten and id be hard pressed to have cop hand me a ticket. how the hell is he going to clock an acceleration speed lol thatd be a fun day in court.

Doesn't have to "measure" anything--just has to observe you accelerating hard, cornering hard, squealing the tires, whatever. It's what they use to crack down on the sport bike riders. Check out www.tailofthedragon.com (318 curves in 11 miles, no side roads). No affiliation, etc.

its alot easier to judge acceleration on bikers (noise/speed in relation to other objects) than an suv. PLus, acceleration in a bike isnt even comparable to a car.

again, how could someone give u a ticket without any means of a judgement/measurement . . . id like to see the law on this acceleration thing

mikey1981 said:
its alot easier to judge acceleration on bikers (noise/speed in relation to other objects) than an suv. PLus, acceleration in a bike isnt even comparable to a car.

again, how could someone give u a ticket without any means of a judgement/measurement . . . id like to see the law on this acceleration thing

I'm not saying it's right or fair, but come on down (over, up, whatever) to Deal's Gap the last weekend in July. That's the Miata weekend, and there will be about 400 of us there. On that Saturday (29 July 07), we'll be joined by, oh, seven or eight TN State Troopers and county deputies, and two or three of North Carolina's finest (and one or the other has been known to bring a helicopter; it's a hellova thing). I'm sure they will be happy to 'splain you the law in detail, be you on a bike or in a Miata, SUV, or state of denial.

Me--I get there Wednesday, rip it up on Thursday, cruise on Friday, make one slow-and-easy over-and-back on Saturday, and head home on Sunday with the T-shirt and assorted swag.

Back