Safe box for a handgun

sql-lover

:
2014 Mazda3 sGT, 2012 MX-5
Has anyone installed or can recommend me a 2014 Mazda 3 friendly safe box for a handgun? Something that can hide the weapon in a secure manner. For instance, an under dashboard type of box?

By the way, I live in Texas, in case someone wonders or to avoid some confusion. So it's perfectly legal here.

Legal here too. I don't believe in using "safe boxes" at home or in the car. I want a weapon where I can get to it immediately if ever needed. If stopped i just tell the officer I am armed and he looks at the gun and we start talking about guns LOL. That said I leave the carrying gun in the wife's car. She is a musician and works late a couple nights a week. I do carry on the bike as well.

I have not looked in the 3 for a good location to store a handgun. In some vehicles are great hidden compartments that store one to make it accessible but difficult to find. I would recommend a Center of Mass type safe under the seat, cabled to the seat. Or put it in the trunk and find something there to run the cable to.

http://www.center-of-mass.com/Store_InCarGunSafe.htm

Yeah, I noticed that about the 3. Not many good places for that.

I'm thinking about attaching a pocket holster to the lower right or my right leg, which is the left side of the center console. But I don't want to make any holes there. Maybe using some 3M product?

Saw a similar solution online, custom made, but requires screws and I will never do that.

Something like this maybe? But not under the steering column, but lower right.

holster_4_1024x1024_50f7e389-c188-4d26-b666-b6b26824731c_1024x1024.jpeg%3Fv%3D1378599710

Last edited:
Back