Sad News from the mazda racing world

bazooka joe

No words
Contributor
:
92 & 16 Meyatas
(headshake just heard of this terrible news from the mazda racing world....
http://grand-am.com/rolex/news/index.cfm?cid=20153

DAYTONA BEACH, Fla. (Dec. 15, 2008) - The Grand-Am family suffered a tragic loss on Thursday when Carol Campbell Tremblay was involved in a fatal traffic accident in South Florida, not far from her home in Coral Springs.

Carol was the devoted wife of Grand-Am Rolex Series driver Sylvain Tremblay. She was the first investor in SpeedSource, and went on to be the office manager, and biggest supporter of her husband's dream of racing. She loved going to the races with her sons as a team, and a family.

Carol, 44, was born in Johnson City, N.Y. on March 10, 1964, the youngest of three sisters. She graduated from James Madison University with a BA in English. On December 7, 1996, she married the love of her life, Sylvain Tremblay.

She was a loving mother whose presence was an immeasurable light, always positive and filled with joy. The light of her life was her two boys Daniel and Alec. Carol loved to donate her time, and was a very active and supportive member of the PTA at Country Hills Elementary school in Coral Springs, Fla.

She is survived by two sons, Daniel Colin Tremblay, 9, Alec Benjamin Tremblay, 6, and her husband, all of Coral Springs; her two sisters Catherine Stine of Seattle, Connie Campbell of Arlington, Va., her mother Polly M. Harris of Fairfax, Va., and her father L. Reginald Campbell of Manassas, Va.

A celebration of her life will be held on Saturday, Dec. 20, 2008 from 5-7 p.m. at the Embassy Suites in Deerfield Beach, Fla. In lieu of flowers, a donation can be made to the Carol Tremblay Children Trust Fund, 10870 NW 52 St., Sunrise, FL 33351.

Last edited by a moderator:
Very sad indeed. My heart goes out to their family, especially their young children. To loose a mother at such young ages....tragedy. :(

:( So sad...having two children myself it would be devastating to lose their mother, my wife/lover/friend let alone for it to happen at this time of the year.....

so weird too, here's the husband driving race cars for a living and she's just tooling down the street and end's up in dying!

I know a lot of the NEPOC guys and gals have spent a lot of time with the SpeedSource crews at both of the Lime Rock Corrals and some of you may have met Carol and the boys. This is especially hard for both Lauri and I as we have worked directly with Carol on setting up our paddock visits with Sylvain and the entire SpeedSource team!

They are a part of our family, as they have always welcomed us to be a part of their family. SpeedSource has always taken great pride in hosting us and Carol always mentioned to me in conversation, how much Sylvain, David, Nick and the team appreciates all of our support and how much they team gets pumped up by all of us Mazda owners cheering them on.

Once this thread fills up, with well wishes and condolences, I will e mail Sylvain with the link, so he can see how much Carol and SpeedSource means to our community.

Once I again, I want to personally thank our brothers and sisters of NEPOC for always supporting the Lime Rock Event and SpeedSource, I know that once Sylvain and the boys read the post, it will be a comfort to them to see how well respected that Carol was in our community!!!

Carols_Memorial_Service1.jpg

Can we find out if donations can be made via Paypal?
Or should we contribute together as a group?

What a loss to the Mazda community. My condolences go out the Tremblay family.

It had to be extremely hard considering the time of year it is now. :(

Edit: Hmm I'll be arriving in FL just one day too late or I could express mine and everyone's heartfelt thoughts in person.

Last edited:
Just an fyi, I am working on a memorial sticker to help out their sons, I will post it when the design is done.

Back