Sad 2013 CX-9 Owner

Here's the latest:
Once my attorney contacted them, they requested another demand letter, to which upon consulting us, obliged.
They responded with about a 1% of MSRP monetary offer. Really? Glad they enjoy wasting my time.
I requested my attorney formally file the complaint to the court and get the process rolling on that.

I'm in utter disbelief Mazda is treating a continued customer like this. I've had Mazda's for years. All they needed to do was replace it. I no longer want a Mazda, a CX-9, or any Mazda in the future. So unfortunate. Oh, and the moon roof doesn't even open/operate anymore, but still leaks.

Here's the latest:
Once my attorney contacted them, they requested another demand letter, to which upon consulting us, obliged.
They responded with about a 1% of MSRP monetary offer. Really? Glad they enjoy wasting my time.
I requested my attorney formally file the complaint to the court and get the process rolling on that.

I'm in utter disbelief Mazda is treating a continued customer like this. I've had Mazda's for years. All they needed to do was replace it. I no longer want a Mazda, a CX-9, or any Mazda in the future. So unfortunate. Oh, and the moon roof doesn't even open/operate anymore, but still leaks.

There is no excuse for you to have to go through such a ridiculous process for a manufacturer screw-up. But, there is a process for resolution that is true across the board with every auto manufacturer. Please don't take what Mazda is doing personally. They are a for-profit company and they have to protect their interests. The thing is, every auto manufacturer would do the exact same thing. It's a process. They have that initial offer of 1% of MSRP as a representation of going through the motions. This is why we have a legal system. It is supposed to protect the consumer, and I hope your attorney goes after them hard. Hopefully you get what you want out of it at the end of it all.

The fact that they have given you a loaner all this time shows (at the dealership level) their willingness to work with you. Corporate is doing exactly what corporations do, they are acting like a corporation. Mazda is no different than any other auto manufacturer.

Consider this, you are probably the only Mazda CX-9 owner to ever have this issue. It seems like a terrible process, but I do hope it gets resolved. I hope you get another CX-9, because the dealer you use seems to be more than willing to help, and that is rare in the car business.

Situation resolved and we no longer have the vehicle.

Due to "fun" legal stuff, I'm not allowed to discuss it any further. Good luck all, hopefully mine was a fluke.

Luckily for you all, I waited to install my accessories, so I'll be selling them on the forums.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
All the parts listed are via the forums here (marketplace/for sale section)
I wanted to give all of you an opportunity on them first:

- Hitch Package (Curt Hitch and Mazda Harness)
- Weathertech Front Floor Mats
- Cargo net (OEM)
- Wheel Locks (OEM)
- Rear SS Bumper Guard (OEM)
- Floor Mats 2nd & 3rd row (OEM)
- Sun Shade (OEM)
- Cargo Tray setup (OEM)

Thanks all!

Last edited:
That's a sad ending for all parties. Unfortunately, the vehicle will no doubt find its way to an auction house, and someone else will grow to hate Mazda. I understand business, and can certainly see why Mazda would try to keep that door shut as long as possible. It has been opened, however, and now there is precedent nationwide, and a case for future litigants to draw from. Double loss for the company. I would bet that in the end a single loss with goodwill would have proven to have been better

Last edited:
Good to hear it is finally resolved, and I hope Justice prevailed not just for your vehicle, but also for all of the inconvenience and wasted time this leak caused you in your life.

Back