Rx8 wheels or Pegasus??

kableguy

hey i just photoshoped these wheels onto a white p5, im trying to decide between these and rx8, both 18x8, these pegasus rims come in silver or gunmetal, the ones in the pic are gunmetal but there not as dark as in real light. what do you think???

other thing i should mention the p/s kind made the wheels fat, i added a pic of what they really look like on the volvo, lol

added another photo of the Graphite version which i think would look real good..???

added another pic, its just a better photoshop of the rims

Attachments

• driving.jpg
    driving.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 517
  • sweeet2.jpg
    sweeet2.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 333
  • s60_r_2006_black.jpg
    s60_r_2006_black.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 270
  • R_obx.jpg
    R_obx.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 261
  • blue.jpg
    blue.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 730
Last edited:
They look good. The RX-8 rims still look better IMO. These might be easier to fit though depending on width and all. But you can also find RX- wheels used here or on the RX-8 forums.

I agree..the Pegasus rims are ok, but I'd stick with the RX-8 rims...the Pegasus rims look a little too chunky on the p5 I think...

rx-8 wheels are too wide, and the rubber won't sit right on them.

Kooldino said:
rx-8 wheels are too wide, and the rubber won't sit right on them.

thats good to know, by not sitting right what do you mean>? would i have some problems in the corners??

18s are a bit much on a P5, imo. I'd go with 17s.

You'll rub the rear fenders with RX8 rims. Maybe Pegasus too, depending on offset. Also depends on tires. Also depends on drop.

Have you guys never seen P5s with RX-8 wheels or what? You will have to roll your rear fender and the only tire size you can use is 215/35R18s. This won't leave you much tread for ride comfort or wheel protection. You might need a 5mm spacer to clear the springs.

1049108542_l.jpg

attachment.php

Style wise, the RX-8 rims are much better in that they are not flat. Each spoke twists a little.

i have the 17" mazda 3 rims.. (burnout) just got em 2day.. i think that theyre the best looking rims for the money on the p5 (i wanted a set of kazera kz-b's, but couldnt find em anywhere) i put em up today for about 10 minutes to give em a test fit and theyre they fit good, and look much nicer than the stockers.. (now all i need is an eibach suspension caus theres a serious fender gap)

robert02p5 said:
i have the 17" mazda 3 rims.. (burnout) just got em 2day.. i think that theyre the best looking rims for the money on the p5 (i wanted a set of kazera kz-b's, but couldnt find em anywhere) i put em up today for about 10 minutes to give em a test fit and theyre they fit good, and look much nicer than the stockers.. (now all i need is an eibach suspension caus theres a serious fender gap)

pics??

warning to all: the pegasus Volvo wheels don't fit our cars. Volvos aren't 5x114.3 (well maybe the new S40 on the C1 platform is). I only know because my roommate and I wanted to see what his awesome deep lip 17x8 wheels would look like on my car.. no dice.

bradicus18 said:
Have you guys never seen P5s with RX-8 wheels or what? You will have to roll your rear fender and the only tire size you can use is 215/35R18s. This won't leave you much tread for ride comfort or wheel protection. You might need a 5mm spacer to clear the springs.

1049108542_l.jpg

attachment.php

hey my car with its old wheels!!

The rx-8 rims look great, but the tire size is not the best. I found i was having to many issues with them, so i just sold them. If you do get them, you will have to run a spacer, 3mm at least. I ran 5 mm. You will also need to roll your fenders if you lower it.

robert02p5 said:
i have the 17" mazda 3 rims.. (burnout) just got em 2day.. i think that theyre the best looking rims for the money on the p5

Ever seen MSP wheels on a P5 with RB springs ? Puurrr fect IMO

Not the best pic... but you get the idea :)

IMG_5772.jpg

To reply to the original poster... personally I wouldn't go bigger than 17's. But if you ask, I say RX-8 wheels

Last edited:
Cannot tell a thing about wheels or tires from that pic ^^^^^^^......Xcept that it has some. ***edit*** Forgot, RX 8 rims look kickass but hopefully you have smooth roads to travel on due to the bang factor of the tires that'll be on there to fit. Some bumps with 205/40/17s were enough to make the wipers come on & changing lanes on the freeway would make the CD player skip but on a micro-positive note, never crashed a rim or popped a tire. Just a matter of what you wanna deal with or force the car to deal with. IMO the RX 8s look better than most choices out there but then the trade off with ride quality & fit. There's track stuff then there's public roads stuff.

Last edited:
i12drivemyMP5 said:
Cannot tell a thing about wheels or tires from that pic ^^^^^^^......Xcept that it has some. ***edit*** Forgot, RX 8 rims look kickass but hopefully you have smooth roads to travel on due to the bang factor of the tires that'll be on there to fit. Some bumps with 205/40/17s were enough to make the wipers come on & changing lanes on the freeway would make the CD player skip but on a micro-positive note, never crashed a rim or popped a tire. Just a matter of what you wanna deal with or force the car to deal with. IMO the RX 8s look better than most choices out there but then the trade off with ride quality & fit. There's track stuff then there's public roads stuff.

hmm ya, im leaning towards the rx-8's to, i dont mind a rough ride so much but the roads around here sure are no smooth track lol. will the rx8 wheels be bad for some wild driving? cornering etc? dammit i dont wanna roll my fenders!!!! will i need a spacer? my plan is for eibach prokit how do the rx8s' fit with that kit??

JoshP5 said:
Jesse, have you installed your new 17s yet?

nope, I'm still waiting on enough money to buy tires. Give me a week, they should be on by the end of the month. Of course I'll have pics as soon as i put them on too, haha.

On this platform (P5) you won't extract any additional performance going to 18s. It's all bling. You want the bling, you pay the price--spacers, rolled fenders, rough ride, more unsprung weight, poorer transient response, even slower acceleration, maybe bent rims, etc.

Back