RX-9 News

mazdanoob

just wanted to post this news from topspeed: Mazda RX-9 will be a hydrogen-powered vehicle

:Is not the first time you head that Mazda is working on a successor for the RX-8. But now, new info suggests that the future model use a rotary engine capable on running on gas or hydrogen power. The new cars is expected to be called the RX-9 and should take styling cues from the Taiki concept. It will offered with a choice of manual or automatic transmissions running the rear wheels. By the time the car goes on sale in 2012, Mazda believes it will have made the hydrogen engine 20 percent more efficient than anything else it is testing now.
(sun)

I hope these reports & rumors are true as I suspect that is exactly what Mazda is up to...A Hydrogen/Gas Hybrid Rotary in an entirely new model...I wonder if there will be more than one Rotary-powered model in Mazda's future lineup...There is always the possibility of bringing back the RX-7 although it all depends on Mazda developing a truly efficient and powerful "hybrid" Rotary. :D

Back