RX-8 Wheels on MS3

ndedomin

:
2008.5 Black Mica MS3 GT, 2004 Velocity Red MSM
The RX-8 wheels are 18", correct? Has anyone seen these or used these on a MS3? Would they work on the MS3? Particularly, I am talking about the aftermarket mazdaspeed ones, which come in both aluminum and forged magnesium versions. I'm not all too familiar with wheels, but these look really nice to me, and I'm curious what other people think.

Here are both the aluminum (the first one) and magnesium (the second one) versions in gunmetal. They also come in gold. I wonder how either of these would look on the MS3?

Attachments

• pho_RX8_18_alum_wh_ms_01s_gun_lg.jpg
    pho_RX8_18_alum_wh_ms_01s_gun_lg.jpg
    20.8 KB · Views: 263
  • pho_RX8_18_mag_wh_ms_01mag_gun_lg.jpg
    pho_RX8_18_mag_wh_ms_01mag_gun_lg.jpg
    20.1 KB · Views: 245
Last edited:
Yes there's several MS3s with the aluminum ones and they fit.

They're great wheels and very light but for the price there's a lot of other options.

Yes there's several MS3s with the aluminum ones and they fit.

They're great wheels and very light but for the price there's a lot of other options.

one of the advantages of those RX-8 Mazdapseed wheels is the offset. At 52.5mm the offset is exactly the same, meaning we keep the same scrub radius and we wont upset our suspension too much. I think that those RX-8 wheels are also very pretty, they aren't too showy or anything but they still add style. Plus they are forged and they don't have any obscene lip and come in a pretty classic 5 spoke design.

to get a lighter wheel wouldn't be "difficult" but it puts at you just Kosei K1 TS and a possible 2-3 that would near it. Those MS-01R (name for the rims) are by far the best bang for the buck. Plus a specific dealership is giving them out for a killer price which I can't post as I am not sure if I am allowed to do that.

What's the width of those wheels? One thing I absolutely hate about the stock wheels is how skinny they are. I think that's one of the main reasons this car has such bad traction issues from a dead launch.

What's the width of those wheels? One thing I absolutely hate about the stock wheels is how skinny they are. I think that's one of the main reasons this car has such bad traction issues from a dead launch.

Other than the 280ft-lb of torque mated to a FWD platform??? :)

OEM rx8 wheels are 18x8 (non mazdaspeed)

non-speed but same idea
P1010842.jpg

and to show the width
Cromusrear.jpg

I really like these wheels a lot...it seems like they fit the MS3 perfectly. Those magnesium ones are HOTT, but soo much money....I think I'll just have to get the aluminum ones. They still look sexy, and they fit perfectly onto these cars.

I really like these wheels a lot...it seems like they fit the MS3 perfectly. Those magnesium ones are HOTT, but soo much money....I think I'll just have to get the aluminum ones. They still look sexy, and they fit perfectly onto these cars.

Magnesium wheels are overpriced, ridiculous if you are not running some kind of serious racing, and illegal.

I have seen the MS-01Rs sell for over 1400 for the magnesium wheel (per wheel if you did not get that).

well that sells it then...i will get the aluminum rx-8 mazdaspeed wheels when I decide to buy my new wheels. Thanks for the help.

Back