Rx-8 gps sat nav

tris_hill

Hello everyone,

Newbie to the site after purchasing my lovley RX-8. Am after some advice on if it is possible to fit the SAT NAV that comes in the top end model into my car ? apparantly it comes up out of the dashboard ?? if this is possible does anyone know where they can be purchased from ?

Hope someone can help !

many thanks

Tristian

With a little patience you can find one used, but why go with the stock unit? You can find an aftermarket solution with recent updates for cheaper. Check out metra dash kits and add an aftermarket HU. Many people have put in carputers using the stock gps mounting location also. I know this doesn't answer your origional question. If I see a place selling the origional gps set up i will post it here. FYI this would be a huge PITA to do. You would have to mount the gps, connect it to the stereo, mount the gps ant (in the rear bumper IIRC), mount the controls (center console between shifter and heated seats switch, and connect everything.

Solid is right...I have the stock Navi and it is ok...nothing special about it feature wise...Nice that it goes up and down into the dashboard but having to wire up everything throught he dash may be a lot of work. The DVD portion of the Navi sits inbetween the two rear seats.

By replacing the stock headunit, you are not only getting a cool navi but you are now improving your sound system as well. Just dont go cheap. I mean, dont settle for something you can afford. You can always look on CL or EB and deal your way down on units you could not normally afford or even do straight up trades for a nice head unit. I got a brand new, never been opened, Panasonic Navi double din that was going for $1899 on Crutchfield and traded for an old laptop. BTW, the faceplate is expensive...$150. I know...for a piece of plastic...haha!! But hey...you will have a nice, new look for your car.

Back