Rust ISSUES! Plz read!

stockms3

Hi everyone here's the deal, I've contacted mazda about a rust issue I'm having if you have a mazda 3 YOU ARE HAVING THE SAME ISSUE, you just dont know it yet!

The problem is where bumpers touch body panels, fenders and quarters. If they do nothing about it I'm going to sue mazda, it's unacceptable! Might want to check your fender/quarters, by removing the one bolt and just pulling side of the bumper off.

Now it doesn't matter what the warranty is, ITS A KNOWN ISSUE since 2004 Mazda 3s, they just failed to fix it. I'm waiting for a mazda regional manager to contact me.

People in Canada are getting their PANELS REPLACED!!!! Or at least painted!

Where to look for rust? go here:

http://mazda3carpet.com/mazda3_rust/

Here's whole discussion in Toronto mazda forum:

http://www.torontomazda3.ca/forum/s...owners-with-corrosion-issues-information-here!

Now if you have RUST could you please give me ur name/year/model/mileage/location/and state where the rust issues are, like
Year: 2007
Model: MazdaSpeed3
Mileage: 58k
Rust Location: where bumper meets the panels, all four conrners

I will not let them get away with this s***, I've worked as a detailer for YEARS!!!, and painted in a family owned body shop! I know what the f**k im talking about. Will keep you guys updated!

Last edited:
I have exactly the same problem with my 07 mazda 3 hatch on my rear bumper, if this is a common problem maybe I should contact mazda also instead of fixing it myself.

Josh Ritger
07 Mazda 3 Hatch
Waukesha, WI
Rust/bubbling of paint where rear bumper meets panels haven't looked at the front yet

Let me know what they say since I was just gonna try to fix this myself, if it is warrantyable I want to go that route

Josh

First of all thanks for the post...

I will keep you updated, check this thread daily, I was also going to fix it myself but after doing some research, its mazdas ignorance that caused it, problem has been around since first mazda 3 left the factory, I believe that protege hatch had exactly the same issues.

Anyway before you try to fix it yourself please take pictures just in case.

quick update...

mazda didn't call me back...what a surprise lol...So i called them, they said sorry the damage is NOT a defect....ha!

I've contacted BBB, they deal with defects, I will know more next week :)

i have the same problem, went to mazda dealer where i bought it from, they turned me down, all i said is "**** MAZDA, THEY MAKE bad ASS CAR AND bad CUSTOMER SERVICE!!! i was so loud in the lobby and walk away with my middle finger in the air!!!

Sadly, I have the same problem...Dealer wouldn't do a thing because I'm out of warranty, too bad there is so much rust that I'm just going to scrap the car next spring when I buy a new non-mazda.

Mike Stewart
2004 Mazda 3i, Sedan
Cleveland, OH (First 3 years of cars life in NC)
where to start...rust at all four corners where bumper meets body panels, bubbles at these corners growing by the day, trunk lid around center brake light, worst of all: rear 2 wheel wells.

So pissed that a 7 year old mazda that sold new at $23k is rusted so badly when there are crash box hyundais and kias that went for $10k 15 years ago without a lick of rust on them

Latest posts

Back