Russhay78's New MSP

russhay78

:
2003 MazdaSpeed Protege
Hey guys,

Here is my new MSP i just purchased for $2,000. I did pinpoint inspection on her the past few days. The only things i found were bad vacuum lines which i replaced, a cracked manifold which the new one should be in today, and what looks to be wires cut off a knock sensor. I attached a pic of the sensor or relay with the wires cut, please tell me what it is if you can. I also attached pics of the cracked manifold that was once welded lol, and a pic of the car. I am new to this MSP thing, so any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Attachments

• Cracked Manifold.jpg
    Cracked Manifold.jpg
    651.2 KB · Views: 126
  • car.jpg
    car.jpg
    811.2 KB · Views: 137
  • Relay.jpg
    Relay.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 125
welcome to the community. post up more pix of your ride when you can. and for starters definitely replace everything u know IS WRONG. before modding anything. that manifold looks horrible lol.

after everything has been repaired. pretty much everyone has the same recommendations for modding. wideband/boostgauge, ssafc to tune, fmic, full exhuast (downpipe if possible) and itll be a night and day difference in performance with the msp. the stock tune is pig-rich/horrible from factory. and definitely replace your stock motor mounts if theyre torn. otherwise youll crack ALMOST any exhuast manifold you buy.

Thanks protege3690! Its a huge project, but fun. I always wanted one and not only did i find one, but i found one for the low. Also, keep me in touch on the Carbon Lip, i am very interested.

I'd buy that for $2k, nice car man. The 'knock sensor' is actually a ground (may be some type of capacitor for the coils), just snag a pigtail for it from a junkyard and wire it back in.

I'd buy that for $2k, nice car man. The 'knock sensor' is actually a ground (may be some type of capacitor for the coils), just snag a pigtail for it from a junkyard and wire it back in.

Thanks hornsfan10609, thats what i was thinking too

Thanks protege3690! Its a huge project, but fun. I always wanted one and not only did i find one, but i found one for the low. Also, keep me in touch on the Carbon Lip, i am very interested.

these cars are fun, but at times can be difficult to deal with. due to the ecu being so .... "stubburn" to work with when tuning at times. plus msps like to break things at times. but overall i love my msp and dont plan on getting rid of it anytime soon.

and like stated above for that sensor just take what u need from a junkyard protege. all the 2.0L engines are almost 100% the same with a few differences here and there for a boosted 2.0L in the msp.

as for the lip once i find a tester ill set something up. everyone else is who is interested. i already have prices, turn around time, and all that ish set, but until then im waiting patiently.

I got a callaway. It is scheduled for delivery today. If i only saw this last week. Thanks for the heads up man

Back