Running lean 14.8 WOT

VisualSeven

:
Mazdaspeed3
I picked up a 2008 speed3 with 69k miles about 2 months ago, 1 week later i bought a dashhawk and started to monitor the car and i've noticed it's running very lean at wot compared to the rest of the speed3s on here. What can the reason be? the only codes i got are for the 4 tpms sensors. Im currently on vacation coming back the 26th but its been bothering me the whole time.

Mods:
Hypertech tune
Injen CAI
FMIC
2 resonators deleted (not sure if matters)
HKS BOV

Here is a picture of the log
6SMk8Rg.png

somethings up with your DH

all the readouts are ****** up. look at the RPM

ditch the hypertech and get an AP

i hope to hell you have a HPFP and forgot to put it on your mod list

somethings up with your DH

all the readouts are ****** up. look at the RPM

ditch the hypertech and get an AP

i hope to hell you have a HPFP and forgot to put it on your mod list

What's wrong with the RPM reading?
no i do not have HPFP, the mods are pretty basic i don't think a CAI would require you to get HPFP, but you never know i came from a G35 and a 350z but that is totally different engine.

seriously....

look at the red line, your engine revs up and down like that during a pull?

log080525.jpg

thats what it should look like

No they are not. What he showed you on his graph is a nice straight line slowly increasing, whereas yours goes up and down constantly. It almost looks like you are going WOT for a split second then letting off and doing it again.

engine cant change rpm that drastically, way too much momentum

are you using mazda specific PIDs with the DH?

i don't remember exactly to be honest, but i know im using some mazda specific and some not, when i get back from vacation on the 26th i will look into it more.

Keep the Hypertech. That is not your problem. We can debate and put that red herring issue to bed later. You absolutely have something wrong with your Dash Hawk. RPM does not jump around like that. Serious monitoring issue. Once you get that straightened out we can help you with AFR. You really do not know what is happening from the DH.

What gear are you logging in? Where is the boost curve? I'd like to see your AFR in relationship to rpm and boost under load.

Last edited:
Keep the Hypertech. That is not your problem. We can debate and put that red herring issue to bed later. You absolutely have something wrong with your Dash Hawk. RPM does not jump around like that. Serious monitoring issue. Once you get that straightened out we can help you with AFR. You really do not know what is happening from the DH.

What gear are you logging in? Where is the boost curve? I'd like to see your AFR in relationship to rpm and boost under load.

hmm alright, i will come back here and post results after i look into the dashhawk.

Thanks!

EDIT: I was also in 3rd gear.

Last edited:
This is a bit late, but i've looked into the dashhawk and if i had the right PIDs and yes i did, problem is primary o2 sensor

Back