Running Firebird Wheels

MP5stephen

:
Mazda Protege5 & Miata M Edition
I found a guy selling a set of 4 81 Trans AM Firebird wheels.

They're 5 lug, but they're 4.75", so they wouldn't fit on the stock hub with lugs. Does anyone know the offset?

Do they make wheel adapters from 5/114.3 to 5/120.7?

I know they're 15", my stocks are 195/55/16 with like et48(correct me if I'm wrong), I would like to run 205/50/15, or 205/55's.

Anyones opinions on how they'd look if I painted/polished them? I like the snowflake wheel design.
I haven't seen this done before, so feedback would be appreciated.

offsets are:

Rally II wheels = +.25
Honeycomb wheels = +.50
15x7 Snowflake wheels = +.25

not sure about the adaptors though

which ones are you looking at?
15x7 on the left or 15x8 on the right? not sure if it'll work with that offset etc...
rims15x7and15x8.JPG

I know they're 15", my stocks are 195/55/16 with like et48(correct me if I'm wrong),

P5 OEM wheels are 16x6 with +50mm offset (just looked it up for another thread). Also your tires are not stock. Stock is 195/50/16.

15X7 snowflakes. I'm on H&R sports, no spacers. You're right. My stocks are 195/50. I was just estimating w/o looking at the car.

Thanks for the research. I would really love to run these wheels with 205/50's or or close. I know that 205/40/17's fit with clearance, and some space.

Could someone please give me a few options as to what can be done to run these?

Thanks!

Am I the only one who thinks this is ridiculous? I always thought those snowflake rims looked terrible on the Frybirds, let alone anything else... Not to mention that trying to bridge the late-import-compact/old-domestic-fullsize gap is a whole bucket of mistakes in itself, the gap should be left as is. It's bad enough when people put these ugly snowflakes on first gen S10s, but please leave them off our nice cars!

Anybody remember "Turbine" rims? Same league as snowflakes.. I think I just threw up in my mouth.

5986072632_c8d0c20d8d.jpg

I rest my case.

quit bashing on him
his car, his rules, he does whatever the **** he wants, i've seen one guy put c4 corvette wheels on p5 and it looks delicious, why wouldnt this be?

I'd love to know what those things weigh.

Edit: Actually info is sparse ,but one guy says 23 lbs.They look heavier.

Last edited:
Ask the guys in the slammed thread. I think that after an adapter is on there the offset is going to get real close to zero. Probably won't work imo.

Ask the guys in the slammed thread. I think that after an adapter is on there the offset is going to get real close to zero. Probably won't work imo.

YIKES! Well damn. I need to find some good wheels that aren't something everyone usually runs. I think it's funny how everyone else was all interested, but then one hater came in and tried to troll.

Look here, I'm just wanting to do something different than was I always see. I had yellow fogs for 3 years. Now that I see more and more people with them, it's turned me off and I got rid of them.

hey, it doesnt really matter what anyone else thinks..if you like them, do what you wanna do..if you can make them work.

ill say it again, those rims are sweet..if i had them, id try to put em on.

with my vetter rims they are 56 offset. with my adapters of 20mm makes it 36 off set so not too bad

404348_10150517899611034_505456033_9529921_1989717880_n.jpg

Don't quit just because one person said they are ugly. Keep doing the research and if you really want them, do what it takes to make them fit, it is your car, so do what makes you happy. I believe I may be the only person who has ever run 2005 Tribute wheels on a P5 and now I run 2006 MX-5 wheels which I also think I'm the first to do. Personally, they are not my cup of tea but I'd like to see pics if you should get them to fit.

Back