Running a MSP ecu on MP3

mp3-79bronco

:
2001 protege mp3
well i am going turbo soon and will be running a msp ecu, but the mp3 has no VTCS and the msp does....

I know it will throw a CEL and i want to know how to fix it...Im sure that i will need a vtcs solenoid, and i will need to wire it in somewhere to stop the CEL, but i need to know where to hook it into..

Also could i run the msp ecu without a turbo without any problems? that way i could sell my mp3 ecu so i can afford the final pieces for my turbo setup

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMAN View Post
it can be fixed with proper electrical know-how. you'll need to get a VTCS solenoid and hook it up straight to the ECU at pin 73 for one terminal and hook up the other terminal by splicing to the wires coming off of pin 97 or 71... this can all be done with a few inches of 16 gauge wire by the ECU and the VTCS solenoid can be hidden there... you really must have the wiring diagrams and skill to do this... otherwise have someone do it

This is the only thing i could find anywhere about this subject..

now i think i have sourced a vtcs solenoid, and according to this it has two wires...does it matter which one goes to which ecu wire in his description? and does he mean u can use pin 97 or 71, or does he mean it could be either of those but he doesn't remember?

the msp ecu runs rich even with a turbo on the car, i would think that it would just be too much fuel without one...

true i guess ill just get the ecu last then, and install it along with the turbo..

im doing the small stuff now(clamping all vacuum lines, installing the return and feed lines and capping them, and getting the different pcv valve,that random one way check valve, and installing the guages.)

I would agree. I had a perrin fuel rail, upgraded injectors and the msp ecu on my old mp3 turbo. Worked out great with 8psi. but poo when na

ya i dont think itll be hard...i pmed theman, hopefully he responds..I will definitely make a writeup when i do it though...also are the vtcs and vics solenoids different? i bought the whole bracket and it has both, but the look EXACTLY the same lol

i thought our cars came with the wiring all done in there, its just not hooked up...i could be remembering wrong though

plug the vtcs solenoid into the plug, just to clarify i have never done this, i just thought i read about it

Since you don't have VTCS.. or have it on your wiring harness.. this is a hard one to figure out.. is there some sort of clamp you can buy that will give it a certain voltage that it may need or something? I don't know how that sensor works, just a thought..

there is no plug...

it looks like pins 71 and 97 are just Battery positive voltage... so that should answer ur question!

well that should re enforce that i could use either of those pins, but i cant find anything about what pin 73 does

Back