Rough idle after a few mins of driving

mrcarson2

:
2003 Proteg5 Midnight Blue
Hello all, hopefully somebody can shed some light on the cause of my problem. The car starts just fine and idles fine but after about 2-5 mins of driving, if I come to a stop, the idle is really rough. The car doesn't stall and accelerates ok afterwards. After driving for 10-15 mins and coming to a stop, it idles just fine. I notice this when I leave in the morning for work and when I leave work. The first couple stoplights a few mins from work/home I notice this. Seems ok once it is warmed up. What could be the cause?

i would also clean the egr... its really easy and cheap and helps out tremendously with idling

theres also a thread on here showing you how disassemble egr and clean it, would provide the link but im on my gf computer (i have it saved on my laptop :( )

Ok so I just got the same thing tonight. Like rough almost stalling. Parked it in my driveway looked at and could not see anything. Gave it some gas in neutral a couple of time and it was idling fine again. Perhaps I need to clean the egr. Does anyone have instructions on this?

Back