Room for HID conversion kit for 2010 Mazda 3

No problem with my install either. However I think its really crappy that Mazda is now adding Xenon and LED Tails on the 2011 MS3.

Yes, that is correct place.

Went with the same location.

2m7w1tu.jpg

Z

another option depending on the length of wires is installing the ballast in the fenders. That is what I did but I also drive a speed3.

+1....I installed my slim ballasts in the fender on the passenger side and on the driverside I was able to mount the ballast near the airbox.

I have the NON-SLIM HID kit with 6000k HID's and they fit perfectly. Ive seen some sites and local dealers selling the Slim kits for more then the standard ones, hence the reason i went with the standard kit. Plenty of room, no complaints!

So for all guys (and gals?) who've done the install, what do you think of the light pattern? Do the reflector housings for the stock halogen bulbs work well w/ the HID bulbs? Does the HID kit light up the road in the same pattern as the stock lights? (I know it'll be brighter and a different color.) Thanks!

Patrick.

The light pattern is the same as the halogen, marginally brighter because of the bulbs. And with Projector headlights, the pattern stays the same, and the cuts on the left and right of the main patter (tree, sidewalk, side of road area) stays crisp and sharp.

The biggest difference besides color and brightness i have had is the brighter (higher Kelvin) HID bulbs pushes the distance of the beam further then regular halogen bulbs originally did.

No complaints here, im using 6500k HID's a little more blue(r) then stock, but still the brightest white you can get (from what im told)

Complete stock look, i would go with 5500-5800k.

Just my $.02

Back