Roof Rack on a Sedan

:
2010 Mazda 3i Touring
My wife and I are thinking about putting a roof rack on our 2010 3i Touring, but I am worried about what it might look like. I generally like the looks of a rack on the 5-door, but I have not seen any 2010 sedans with one on. If anyone has any pics, or experience with roof racks in general, I would appreciate it. Thanks all.

ditto, same here, i want it for the bike rack option. It seems like when you take off the covers on the roof rack holes you can put any universal rack on there. Just debating wether to do a Thule or the OEM mazda branded one, which is a re-branded Thule.

The OEM Mazda rack is a re-priced Thule. There's no advantage (other than a lighter wallet) to buying the Mazda version.

Thats what i thought after looking at the pictures more in depth. just the mazda badging is the only difference.

Thanks for the heads up.

Here's my sedan with a Yakima rack installed. I used the Landing Pad and Control Tower setup, allows for easy removal of the bars when not being used. I reused 48" bars from my previous rack, and the fairing is a 44-incher. Here are the pics.

6055_596356559516_509600_32643000_6.jpg

6055_596356554526_509600_32642999_6.jpg

yes it will according to Thule website.

BTW i am thinking of putting mine up for sale. I'l be making a thread later today.

been searching around and wasn't able to find an answer to this, but does anyone know if
an oem roof rack from a 2007 sedan will fit a 2007 hatch?

essentially, do the sedan's and hatchs have the same roof rack?

Back