roni's new stainless exhaust manifold

roni said:
my new stainless exhaust manifold was just finished the other day at wagner motorsports!! along with a 2.5" downpipe to go with the 2.5" exhaust that was done back in march.
Be careful w/ those wagner manifold's...i would suggest getting an EGT...to watch the temps..

Otherwise this might hapen

Attachments

• PIC10.jpg
    PIC10.jpg
    17.8 KB · Views: 146
Nice pic. . .hopefully a nice manifold. I say that only cause I'm interested in what happened to Dana.

Roni. . .did the boost creep and spiking go away? If so. . .mission accomplished. Yippee!

PaulMP3 said:
looks good.

i just got my new one.. much heavy and thicker then the old one.

kooldino- did your catch fire from the exhaust leak? assuming ther was no leak=no fire?
I don't believe an exhaust leak caused it. The mani got hot and started to glow. Then because he was a little on the rich side (yup, he wasn't lean), the mani was so hot that it got to the flash point of the fuel and viola, it caught fire. Maybe the thickness could of been the issue, but it also could of been the flow characteristics of the mani that inhibited the exhaust from exiting fast enough and thus causing it to heat up too much. It caught fire between #2 and #3 pistons.

Little Beavis said:
Nice pic. . .hopefully a nice manifold. I say that only cause I'm interested in what happened to Dana.

Roni. . .did the boost creep and spiking go away? If so. . .mission accomplished. Yippee!
Jeremy:

I will know about the boost creep and spiking in more depth once i finally get my boost solenoid for the aem. I will order this today.

The only boost creep i've experienced with my manual boost controller in place, actually resulted from vibration loosening the nut on the manual boost controller. So that is in no way the fault of the manifold. The last time I had bad creep/spiking issues was when I had electronic boost control. Since I will be reverting back to electronic boost control (with the AEM, not the Greddy Profec e-01), I will soon know if the manifold fixed the problem I was having.
:cool:

acidbbg said:
Be careful w/ those wagner manifold's...i would suggest getting an EGT...to watch the temps..

Otherwise this might hapen
yep. thanks for your feedback. that was a plan of mine. i need to hook up that gauge.

Last edited:
$100 for the mani?

Anyway, a boost creep in Terrys manifold could be caused by the injectors.
If the wastegate was dumping from one runner, and this runner runs richer or leaner than the others, that will cause a pressure drop/gain and affect the wastegate opening.

igdrasil said:
$100 for the mani?
I will probably sell the old manifold, i just want to hold onto it for a couple of weeks. Unless you need it immediately, then i might reconsider.

igdrasil said:
Anyway, a boost creep in Terrys manifold could be caused by the injectors.
If the wastegate was dumping from one runner, and this runner runs richer or leaner than the others, that will cause a pressure drop/gain and affect the wastegate opening.
yep.

I don't think that the wastegate was being adequately dumped into from all the cylinders. This was identified as the probable cause of the problem.

But the creep/spiking only occurred with the electronic boost controller.

Once the electronic boost controller was taken out, it was no longer a problem.
And once the manual boost controller was added, it still posed no problem.

damn. hey there mike. the car is doing very very well now that it's in my hands. how's your rsx?

Back