Romanian Mazda 2

Niiiiiiice Vagelis
I don't suppose you have the price for Jun S-Metal Disc / Ultralight Flywheel, or do you? (drinks)

Yes I have it.The price is of my local dealer here in Greece and it is 1150euros for the 4.6kgr flywheel and the S-Metal kit.

A bit expensive but surely has a very good quality.

I think we have the same flywheel-disk etc with other mazda models like mazda3 1.6 and some 323,mx3.So we can find cheaper stuff if we do a good research on what is a direct fit to our car.

The price here for the 4.6kgr flywheel is 560euros.
CUSCOflywheel.jpg

I actually did some research on allmazda.net and our clutch parts are different from all other mazdas...

As for the price, it is kind of a lot, but I know it's worth it. Do you by any chance know the weight of the original flywheel? It would help me decide if I should put my money where my dreams are :)

The only clutch kit I found is made by Exedy.
The info UK/JP is different, but you can get an idea.
ExedyUK site:
http://www.exedy.co.uk/index.php?main_page...p;submit=Search
flywheel kit or simple kit.
The Exedy clutches are actually both without the flywheel, they wrote it wrong on the website
Dear Mr. Dendyuk,
Thank you very much for contacting EXEDY Clutch Europe Limited and for your interest in the EXEDY Racing Clutch range.
I have already made a preliminary reply to Mr. Enache at Racing Nick, so he will reply to you shortly.
ZK07H is actually an EXEDY Uprated Sports Organic Kit ZC15T Cover and ZD15H Disc
ZK07T is actually an EXEDY Uprated "S" Type Metal paddle type Kit ZC15T Cover and ZD15T Disc
For the Bearing, BRG871 which you have on the Kit number we are not sure if that is correct? Is it a Concentric Slave Cylinder design.
At the moment EXEDY does not offer a lightened Racing Flywheel for this vehicle application .
So, the above are EXEDY Single Series Racing Clutches, not standard OEM Kits.
Thus, we will continue our investigations and reply back to Racing Nick who will in turn reply back to you.

Yours sincerely,
Richard Ford
I sent them another e-mail, with my local dealer in CC (RacingNick) and sent them the picture of the replacement pressure bearing (CF-303 from JAPANPARTS) along with a compatibility part numbers list from allmazda.net (attached)

I also asked my dealer to get in touch with JUN and CUSCO as I want a light flywheel in the begining of february.
If my local dealer's price for the flywheel is bigger than what Vagelis wrote above, I'll get it from Greece :)

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    9.5 KB · Views: 267
  • Part number.doc
    64 KB · Views: 522
Racing Nick (local dealer):
Exedy ZK07H871 Sports Organic 388 Euro including 19% VAT
Exedy ZK07T871 "S" Type Metal 417 Euro including 19% VAT
Kind of pricey, but if they are indeed better than the OEM, (an Exedy OEM replacement kit goes for something like 200 USU), then I'd like to get myself a S type metal kit in december (2thumbs)
The clutch kits include the pressure bearing BRG871.
5 days delivery.

There is also one more VERY intresting thing that would help us.
We must find and compare the part numbers of our stock camshafts and the camshafts of the 1.5 zy-ve engine of the previus demio that wasnt drivebywire and had 111hp stock.

I thing we may have different camshafts because of euro4 specifications and maybe the camshafts of the previous model would be a cheap and direct fit power boost for our engine.

Too much of a headache Vagelis... just port the engine, enlarge the intake and exhaust in the cylinder head... much easier mod :)
That and the light flywheel.
But on top of that, I hope that by the end of june I'll have a 1.3 turbocharged... so wish me luck (drive2)

Too much of a headache Vagelis... just port the engine, enlarge the intake and exhaust in the cylinder head... much easier mod :)
That and the light flywheel.
But on top of that, I hope that by the end of june I'll have a 1.3 turbocharged... so wish me luck (drive2)

I'm in contact with the owner and the tuner of the turbo Mazda2 in Taiwain made by mrs.If you are intrested in turboing your car send me a pm and i'll give you info.

Also,I'm not sure if porting the head is an easy job to our engine and in order to be done the best possible work,a lot of reasearch must be done.If someone tryies it,just let us know.

I actually talked to a guy at Superchips Romania, and he redirected me to go for an Eaton belt driven compressor, or maybe one off of a Golf G40 (or G60 maybe).
The ECU remap is much more safe using the compressor, being a linear AFR setting, and the power is delivered better and safer.
So I'll hit the junkyards in december...
The rest of the parts are pretty much the same... FMIC - 150 euros, boost controller - 50 euros, fuel pressure regulator - 100 euros, custom exhaust - 300 euros, day at the dyno + ECU remap - a lot of euros, clutch and flywheel will be installed only if the compressor works :)
So, the costs are actually smaller than turbochargning the little lawn mower engine...

Last edited:
In my opinion the best compressor to be fitted is the rotrex.It is compact,easy to install,has its own oil circuit,has low temps while working.

The 1.5 with a rotrex @0,5 bar and stock motor produces about 170hp!!
It is made by knight sports.

I think I'll go for the VW G60 (0.6 bar) which is pretty cheap arround here, or the Eaton M45. The Rotrex is quite expesive (brand new)

Go for it!Keep us informed about the project and keep in mind that many things won't turn out the way you plan.So you must have extra money and patience in order to do something good,powerful and reliable.Good luck.

I think I'll might have to save some money and buy a replica G60 compressor, if I don't find a G60 in good shape or a good Eaton... I'll let you know anyhow, but next year :)

Front parking lights

What bulbs do you have in the front parking lights, and what size is your muffler, also what did you use as grounding point 4 ur amp. Did u cahnge the dash lights?

I have some LEDs (W5W socket) for the front parking lights, and also for the rear license plate, some Philips blue vision for short/high beam, and standard fog light bulbs. Don't know the size of the muffler, I know it's pretty big, but the exhaust pipe is stock 43mm, no change. Grounding point 4 amp? Don't know exactly, I know the guys from the shop hooked up the wire to one of the screws that hold down the rear seat. I didn't change any dash lights, jut LEDs on the inside (foot lights). Sorry for the very late reply :(

New pics of the new look (lots of dirt :( )
Flat black + flat white :)

Last edited:
It would be much better if you had washed it :D

But..... I presume that is a matt sticker?!?!

Latest posts

Back