Rolex 24 at Daytona

Pretty sure this will be on the top of the vaca list. Will prob crash at the momma dukes place 20 mins from there.

Bruce, Mark, Josh and I talked about going to this in January. I know it's a little ways off, but it'll creep up quick so I thought I would see who else maybe interested in caravanning down.

We are planning to all go in my truck so if anyone wants to follow feel free to chime in.

Any ideas on where to stay?

Luke there are a million places to stay down there around the track.The smart thing would be to find a hotel or weekend rental fast and reserve it, I heard it fills up quick for this down there.

hmmmmm.....I so wanted to go to this years Daytona but didn't plan accordingly. I'll be keeping an eye on this thread. lol

Would be cool to meet up with you but unlike those other "Mazda" (ha) owners I'll gladly drive my zoom-zoom. :)

For my campers, we will have our spot, next to Lake Lloyd, check with Phen and Levi, they'll tell it is a sweet location. I will have Grand-Am work on pricing

i can vouch for the camping, it was great. No need to find a room, save your money and stay at the track. I had such a great time this past trip, looking forward to going again. Bathrooms and showers close by as is the track.

i can vouch for the camping, it was great. No need to find a room, save your money and stay at the track. I had such a great time this past trip, looking forward to going again. Bathrooms and showers close by as is the track.
do they have any "early bird specials" and murder she wrote on cable?? if so i'm in!

Hmm, this from a guy who looked like a homeless person this past weekend.

I'll keep an eye out on this, can't commit just yet. Would be nice to drive down the Miata itself, but I realize that caravanning and carpooling is a lot better. I'm down for camping or sharing a hotel room if I go. Sounds like the camping there is a lot better than Lime Rock (showers etc), so that's a sell.

I might be up for camping and caravanning down...would love to check out Daytona.

I've got my dad interested...may drive the RV and tow my car ;)

Woot for RV! Oleg, I'd be happy to join ya for part of the trip if you like. Help with the driving and such if you don't end up bringing someone.

You guys might want to look into renting an RV, factorin the cost of driving, gas, meals and hotels, it may be a viable alternative for all of you.

Hmm.... I think I can still rent camping supplies from the base... Tent, coolers, camping grills, etc.. Although, I probably won't be active duty anymore. (Go go Reserves!)

Hmm, this from a guy who looked like a homeless person this past weekend.

Ouch! thats cold, just remember I was out on track working so you guys could enjoy yourselves. Thats why I liked daytona and even New Hampshire, there are showers, so you can feel human and not offend. Bruce I did start to think about the hitch and trailer for the miata, and taking that for daytona. I also was talking to Jordon Taylor and might try to volunteer for the race(alright)

Back