RoadMagnet springs for the Speed6

I am currently at RoadMagnet and they are making springs for the speed6. My car is being used as the tester and they're shooting for around a 1" drop all the way around. Making a spring is a pretty incredible process for which I now have a healthy respect. They'll sell for $260 for all four and come with a complete lifetime money back guarantee. RoadMagnet already makes springs for lots of cars including the Speed3 and they've gotten really good reviews from our 2wd brethren. Their site is www.roadmagnet.com.

From the spreadsheet I have the following rates are currently available:
Spring Front Rate Front Drop Rear Rate Rear Drop
Stock 280 0 185 0
RPM Street 330 1.1 250 0.75
RPM Sport 330 0.5 250 0.5
RPM K-Spec 380 0.5 290 0.5
AutoEXE 370 1.3 225 1.3
H&R springs 280 1.4 235 1.4
H&R CO's 440 240
HSD CO's 392 1.25 (MIN) 308 1.5 (MIN)

I just took the car out for a ride with the front springs on - they're still making the rears. The ride is awesome and I could only get it to rub when doing a complete 180 in a parking lot under boost like in autocross (I'm running 225/45ZR18 Kumho Ecsta SPTs, no fender roll). I hit lots of bumps on the way out and nothing sounded harsh or rough at all. I typically drive carefully and try to miss the holes, etc as I live in DC and they can be rough here. I would have missed all of the stuff I hit today. I'm really happy so far. The front has a 1.5" drop and the rate of the spring is 480 so that should satisfy those asking for stiffer. They're going to bring it up a little in the front, make the rears and then we'll take another spin. As for those that said 400 would not be a comfortable ride, I respectfully disagree. I felt like there was plenty of travel and a nice sport ride.

I am currently at RoadMagnet and they are making springs for the speed6. My car is being used as the tester and they're shooting for around a 1" drop all the way around. Making a spring is a pretty incredible process for which I now have a healthy respect. They'll sell for $260 for all four and come with a complete lifetime money back guarantee. RoadMagnet already makes springs for lots of cars including the Speed3 and they've gotten really good reviews from our 2wd brethren. Their site is www.roadmagnet.com.

From the spreadsheet I have the following rates are currently available:
Spring Front Rate Front Drop Rear Rate Rear Drop
Stock 280 0 185 0
RPM Street 330 1.1 250 0.75
RPM Sport 330 0.5 250 0.5
RPM K-Spec 380 0.5 290 0.5
AutoEXE 370 1.3 225 1.3
H&R springs 280 1.4 235 1.4
H&R CO's 440 240
HSD CO's 392 1.25 (MIN) 308 1.5 (MIN)

I just took the car out for a ride with the front springs on - they're still making the rears. The ride is awesome and I could only get it to rub when doing a complete 180 in a parking lot under boost like in autocross (I'm running 225/45ZR18 Kumho Ecsta SPTs, no fender roll). I hit lots of bumps on the way out and nothing sounded harsh or rough at all. I typically drive carefully and try to miss the holes, etc as I live in DC and they can be rough here. I would have missed all of the stuff I hit today. I'm really happy so far. The front has a 1.5" drop and the rate of the spring is 480 so that should satisfy those asking for stiffer. They're going to bring it up a little in the front, make the rears and then we'll take another spin. As for those that said 400 would not be a comfortable ride, I respectfully disagree. I felt like there was plenty of travel and a nice sport ride.

Sounds good, I for one am interested so keep us posted as to when they will be available. What would be the rates F & R BTW?

Please keep in mind if you want to sell these from this site you will need to become an Approved Vendor.

Back