Ring for the Woman or mods for the MSP?

Ring for the Woman or Mod the MSP?

• Screw it! spend it on mods

Votes: 23 27.1%
  • Be a wuss and buy the Ring

Votes: 62 72.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
If you love her, and you can see yourself spending the rest of your life with her buy the ring. Otherwise spend it on the car. You'll get much more enjoyment from her than you ever will from a car.

I also say get her a ring, but not necessarily the same one. If she complains because it's not expensive enough or just because it's not what she picked out, she's not worth the effort. Be reasonable, of course ... don't get her something out of a gumball machine. :)

And don't immediately spend any savings on the car. Give it a few months so you aren't obviously spending ring savings on your car.

Even though I'm not a girl or woman, I'll voice my opinion if your plans are to stay with this gal hold off on the mods. I mean if she really loves you and you spend it on mods she could be hurt. But anway, spend half a day or one whole day with her, go to lunch and other stuff but mainly the Jewelery store and look at rings and try to comprimise on what she likes and what can fit your budget. Don't lie about your budget either, perhaps you can talk to the Jeweler on the side and tell him/her what your budget is and get help finding a ring that your girl-friend likes.

dude, i would pick my car over my woman any day. hell you can ride a car anytime of the month.

Lol man, i know you need advice and stuff, but really you are the ONLY person who can actually decide this delimma(problem for those of us who umm, have an 8th grade reading level j/k lol) of yours. Basically what i'm saying is, an engagement ring = rest of your life.... which means if you are questioning it, don't do it, but don't necassarily spend the cash on your car just because you aren't sure you want to marry her yet. Just put it to the side, there isn't s*** wrong with saving your money. Then down the road if you are sure you want to marry her, use the saved money for that ring she wants or that she likes. If yall break it off, go on a shopping spree for the mazda. Thats pretty reasonable if ya ask me. That way its not like screw you hoe i'm buying stuff for me car, but its not like your pussy whipped either. Its showing her that you care about her enough to not go buck wild on your car, but that you may not be 100% ready for that ring yet, but you are willing to put the money away for when the time comes. ;)

(V)SP4Life said:
Lol man, i know you need advice and stuff, but really you are the ONLY person who can actually decide this delimma(problem for those of us who umm, have an 8th grade reading level j/k lol) of yours. Basically what i'm saying is, an engagement ring = rest of your life.... which means if you are questioning it, don't do it, but don't necassarily spend the cash on your car just because you aren't sure you want to marry her yet. Just put it to the side, there isn't s*** wrong with saving your money. Then down the road if you are sure you want to marry her, use the saved money for that ring she wants or that she likes. If yall break it off, go on a shopping spree for the mazda. Thats pretty reasonable if ya ask me. That way its not like screw you hoe i'm buying stuff for me car, but its not like your pussy whipped either. Its showing her that you care about her enough to not go buck wild on your car, but that you may not be 100% ready for that ring yet, but you are willing to put the money away for when the time comes. ;)

He does have a point! Women tend to look ahead and down the road so making that wise chioce of not buying the mods or ring in a way is a good idea IF YOUR not sure if you want to be married. And like he said it's all on you the pressure can and will be intense but don't miss the field goal. I know alot of us have said a lot suggestions, but in the end we all know "It's easier said then done"

Good luck with you

Oh yea =(V)SP4Life ++ kudos for youz

Well I called Zale's today and asked about it. Its A $2800.00 ring with 30% of or so. So I guess thats a good price. Yes I do think she is a keeper but I dont want to be married just yet maybe another year or so. So i can get this to keep her happy until then.

I got a hella laugh out of most of your responses. This one in particular "the faster you make your car the faster you can leave her when she inevitably turns into a psycho"

Plus if she likes Motograter she has to be Keeper! Spec for my ugly ass!! LOL (hah)

motoandreasmall7ry.jpg

andrea1small6bg.jpg

meandmotosmall5an.jpg

Last edited:
Spend less on the ring and more on the honeymoon. Enjoy your time together, dont worry about spending money on inanimate objects. Espacially diamonds, grrr....I hate diamonds!

Funny this came up when it did. I just bought an engagement ring for my girlfriend of two years. http://www.faycullen.com/antique_engagement_rings/800/c130r6sd.html

I'm not posting this to brag in any way, but to demonstrate that if you have enough dough to sign for 15-20k for an MSP, and then are willing to spend thousands more in mods, you better be willing to step up to the plate if you've found the right girl and want to keep her. Assuming she can perform basic math and knows what you're willing to spend on the car. Like the others have said, if you want to play, you pay. We don't have to agree with it, but it's how it works. The car is designed to last maybe 10 years +/-, and your marriage will hopefully last a lifetime. If the ring didn't hurt your wallet, it wasn't enough, lol. Again, that's just part of it. Only you know whether or not she's worth it. I knew mine was. When my friends bailed on helping me swap trannies, she jumped in and got dirty to help me get it done. Hell, she's the one that got my rear motor mount through-bolt in when I had given up and walked away from it. (She still won't tell me how she did it, and still gloats over it, lol.)

I was prepared to spend an amount...if need be...*gulp*... equal to what I spent for the car on a ring for her. She's worth it, and I know it. She didn't know my ultimate budget, but she knew I wasn't going to try and get out cheap. I told her to pick out what she wanted. She wanted an antique ocean-blue Sapphire and Platinum ring rather than a typical diamond, and she found it online after looking everywhere for months. Frankly, I got out cheap at 6 grand. It could have been worse, and I wouldn't have argued had it been twice that.

This is a bit easier for me to handle since I'm 35 years old, have been engaged twice and married once already, and have dated enough women to know what's really important in a mate for me. I found it, and I'll never do her wrong or let her go. It was also easier financially since I sold a piece of property recently that gave me a nice return on investment. My girl is worth it to me, though, whether I had to beg, borrow or steal to get her ring. You may feel the same way, or you may not. I wish you luck, and also hope you realize that (hopefully) your engagement is a one-time opportunity. You only get (hopefully) one shot. Do it right.

um, just spank her on the ass and look her straight in the eyes and point to your pants and ask "can you wear these? Uh! can you? " she will say "no!" and you will reply "then don't try to wear them!" and then tell her to go make you some viddles and bring you a beer....

trust me women want to be taken not asked !!!!

Ok, Ok! that had to nothing to do with your question, but I actually saw a guy do that and I was like you are one bad motherfucker!!! I was just like man " I'm going to try that one day" of course, I had better have the door open so I can run like hell from the ass beatin that would be coming my way....

The jewelery business is such bulls***. TOTAL bulls***. There's NO way any ring of any size or style is worth 1700 dollars, unless it turns you invisible. How much food can 1700 dollars buy? How much FUN can 1700 dollars buy, for her, not just for you? That seems much more worthwhile than a stupid ring. Bring her sky diving, she'll never forget the experience! Hell, do ANYthing with that 1700 dollars. That being said, about a year ago, on my partner's seventh year together, I went out and sought help from a friend who is a jeweler, and MADE my partner a ring. It was nothing super special, a very classic Greek design made out of platinum; Very classy looking, and nothing to garish. It cost me a whopping $60 per ring for the time spent and the ringstock from which the ring was cut.

The most important thing I found was that making something yourself, designing something yourself, or something like that is much more personal. He knows how much I paid for the rings, and he doesn't care at all. It's more about giving a piece of ones self to someone, in my oppinion, rather than giving a large piece of ones paycheck. I could have purchased an expensive ring, but he was actually delighted that I didn't.

In short, don't think of it as spending money on YOU or HER; Spend it between the both of you. I suggest having said discussion with her. I bet you'll find she's more than amiable to the idea, and will enjoy the memories that you develop with her more than any ring.

I don't know, maybe I'm a bit biased, but if you're going to marry a lady, she should be marrying YOU, not a ring or a paycheck.

Sorry about the rant. =) Here's hoping for a long and wonderful relationship to you and your lady, hopefully including some skydiving in there, too. ;)

Last edited:
If you are looking for opinions, you are in the wrong way.

1700 on a ring...waste of money. I would spend it with her (if shes worth it) on a far away place....england, caribbean, hawaii, france, whatever you guys like. Its an experience for both.

Thats right...you were a bit more harsh, but thats the idea.

Remember, women are human, just like us, an when something wrong happens, which I hope not, she will most likely think about her wellnes before yours if shes smart lady.
Buying a ring, expecting something from her, like "she knows I spent this amount for her ring" is buying something from her that in any moment, she may take it back and take the ring along with it.

flat_black said:
I don't know, maybe I'm a bit biased, but if you're going to marry a lady, she should be marrying YOU, not a ring or a paycheck.

Haha, Actually you are wrong flat_black... About the whole ring not being worth 1700 bucks. Its a supply and demand kind of thing, if a ring is listed at 1500 dollars but alot of peeps want it, maybe the price will go to 2500, if someone is willing to spend that, then its obviously worth that. Just like if you go to sell your car, and you want 12 grand for it, but no one will buy it for more then 10 grand for like 4 months... then its obviously not worth 12k, maybe to you it is but not to everyone else. Basically i'm saying, things are worth whatever someone will pay for them.

Toghther for the weeding and engament ring I spent 3k. So fell lucky, and no I wasnt making all the money in the world. But you look like the man when all her firends see the bick rock

See this is how I see it. I would rather have a small, clean simple ring then a huge one b.c thats just how I am. I dont like flashy and dont need flashy to know that my man loves me. It somewhat helps that my bf is into cars also so we dont have the problem deciding about mods, we both have plans for our cars. Even though there is a lot of stuff we would like to do to our cars and there is the possible ring in the future we would rather save up and be able to have more for the future house and kids. I guess maybe its just that we both love our cars, but love eachother more. For me it would be perfect to have a clean simple, beautiful ring, and say forged internals ,instead of a really expensive ring that I would be worried about messing up. In all actuality my car is not as important to me anymore, I am happy as can be with my bf and he is my number 1 now , the car comes in 2nd . Hmm I dont know if my opinion really helps much b.c I am a car girl, sorry lol

Ok so like everyone else, if you love her and want to be with her forever then get her the ring, but if you are just doing it to shut her up, I wouldnt. If your car is that important to you she would hopefully understand that, but you also have to show her that she is important too. So you could do something special for her but not necessarly buy her the "engagement " ring yet, but rather a small "promise" ring. Then tell her that you love her and care about her and want to be with her, but you want it to be a suprise and take her breath away when you ask her to be your wife.

Last edited:
Buy her the ring.

Then continue to buy yourself less expensive things like one mod at a time. You can justify it by reminding her of the ring.

Latest posts

Back