Ricktalife's EPIC fails and maybe a build thread too

So now that I got my ABS light fixed, which I thought was causing the throttle to stick, it still seems to be sticking a bit and the tach is still moving slowly (MPH). I am thinking my IAC valve may need cleaned / replaced, but I am not sure which connector it is. Is this one I'm holding the IAC? It was just hanging for some reason and it was down where I couldn't see it so I would like to know where to bolt it to. Thanks.

0420101619a.jpg

0420101619.jpg

Alright I found out that cleaning the IAC will require removing the throttle body so I will just pay my technician to do that to be on the safe side. In the mean time:

Ordered the Greddy Profec B Spec II EBC from Protege Garage today. Also considering blue caliper paint and "Mazdaspeed" lettering on the front calipers in white. I was referred to "G2" caliper paint match, but it is $100 plus S/H so maybe I'll just hit up pep boys and see if they have a blue that is close enough. Any other suggestions? I don't want to be cheap, but they are only stock calipers so it is kind of silly to pay 100 bucks for some simple paint. I would rather invest that in an upgraded brake system but I don't really need anything crazy with my power level.

Got the slim fans installed today. My dad used some heat shrink and got the wires tucked away for a very clean look. We used the mounts that go through the radiator so hopefully I didn't cause a leak, but so far I haven't seen one after the test drive.

you dont have to take the TB off to clean the IAC valve...i just took the actual valve off
isnt it the one with the torx bits on it? right on top of the TB, thats the one i cleaned, didnt really help but still good to clean it lol

Got the slim fans installed today. My dad used some heat shrink and got the wires tucked away for a very clean look. We used the mounts that go through the radiator so hopefully I didn't cause a leak, but so far I haven't seen one after the test drive.

Pics? You should change the title to Richtalike Epic Build Thread.

you dont have to take the TB off to clean the IAC valve...i just took the actual valve off
isnt it the one with the torx bits on it? right on top of the TB, thats the one i cleaned, didnt really help but still good to clean it lol

I'll try to figure out which one it is haha.

Pics? You should change the title to Richtalike Epic Build Thread.

Changed the title but I don't understand the Richtalike? lol. Only got a few pics but I will try to get another one of the finished install when the weather clears up.

0425101353.jpg

0425101405.jpg

0425101353b.jpg

0425101353a.jpg

My dad made it look pretty nice with the heatshrink. Did a nice job hiding all the wires.

edit: P.S. the driver side fan is Flexalite, passenger side is SPAL. I got different brands because I wanted different sizes.

Last edited:
Finally got some pics of the finished setup:

0428101418.jpg

0428101418a.jpg

ANNNNNDDDDD LOOKIE WHAT CAME IN THE MAIL TODAY!!!!111ONEONE

0428101412.jpg

Many thanks to ForceFed!

you said the IC was a garrett core, right? who made the pipes? i dont remember...

Oh yea I bought the kit from Kicker's partout. It is a garrett core with custom made piping but it is basically the same route as Hiboost I think. The hot side is 2.25" and the cold side is 2.5". Jet hot coated and spray painted black. Needs touched up a bit as you can tell haha.

thats a VERY nice setup. the hiboost has one of the best routings, hands down... jet hot coating only makes it better

I agree, I am really happy with it, just need to tweak some stuff and get the core situated perfectly. I wasn't in the market for a front mount but I really didn't want to pass this up and I'm glad I didn't since I keep going further with the car haha I just can't stop.

p.s. I bought the Vibrant couplers and T-bolts after and dear god did they make the car run so much smoother!

Last edited:
I think he was selling for about 600 but gave it to me for 550 since I was local and picked it up. Though the new couplers and T-bolts were an extra 100-200.

Today was quite a day for me and my car. I made the decision that I will definitely not be building the motor since I just can't justify spending that much more on this car. I still love it to death but I will just get an MS3 or something comparable when the time comes for me to part ways. Do not take this as me giving up, I still have tons of s*** to go on and I will rock them all for as long as possible to make it worth the money lol.

I went to Manheim Auto Auction with my dad today and drove a mazda 3 home (not speed). I have to say it is a very cool car and it was even an automatic so I figure if I can like that car, I would definitely love a Speed 3. Again, I do not plan on selling my MSP anytime soon so don't get upset guys. :D Oh and I snapped a few pics...

Some rice...
0430101033.jpg

And some nice...

Viper SRT-10
0430101121.jpg

Shelby GT350 (not sure what year)
0430101122.jpg

2 GT-R's (drool)
0430101236.jpg

0430101245a.jpg

Also I got my Greddy Profec B Spec II in the mail as well as my Prosport hood dampers! I'm going to get the greddy installed professionally just to be safe but hopefully the dampers will go in tomorrow along with my valve cover!

I also saw an MSP that was a little beat so I didn't snap a pic for the sake of your eyes, and an MS6 that my dad wanted to buy...but the dude was out of his mind on the price. It was an 06 with 13k. Great condition but only worth about 14k in black book and 20 retail. The guy wanted 18 so yea nobody bought it.

Last edited:
^^cool. MS3 is a nice car. Good upgrade i guess. If u got a ms6 then thats a good upgrade. Ive been looking for a ms6 but i cant find one anywhere.

Latest posts

Back