Revised Saleen S7 is a rocket

mikeyb

Contributor
:
01 BMW 325xi Touring
The Saleen S7 was once one of the worlds most powerful production sports cars. At least that was the case when the S7 debuted. This was before the exotic horsepower wars really got into high gear, and the S7s original 500 hp was enough. To meet the challenge of todays exotics, Saleen has pumped the S7 with some serious power. The revised Saleen S7 now sports twin Garrett turbochargers. The turbos push the S7s V8 to produce 750bhp and 700 lb-ft of torque. This muscle will launch the S7 from 0-60 in 2.8 seconds. That is some serious mojo in this American exotic. The specs seem to indicate that the Saleen will rival even the Ferrari Enzos performance. It is too bad (or is it?) that Saleens efforts will be overshadowed by another more powerful rival. The revised S7 also receives some aerodynamic revisions as well.

http://www.saleen.com/saleen_s7_performance.htm

http://www.autoblog.com/entry/1234000520051398/

holy shiat... 2.8sec to 60mph... thats some serious GO power... and the car looks pretty sweet as well...

wow......i am drooling all over myself.
My boss just told me this car could actually drive upside down due to its design/speed capability. He heard that on a show a while ago, anybody know?

There is absolutely NO reason to own a car that goes that fast.

As soon as I have the money, I will buy one.

i've wanted one since the first time i ever saw one. new or old. and yes, the car creates enough downforce to hold itself to the top of a tunnel at a certain speed. pretty freaking crazy. i love everything about that damn thing. i think the only other car i want more is a 360 Modena Challenge Stradale. and yes i'm aware that the S7 will blow it out of the water but i just love that damn CS.

Poster.jpg

(thumb) I love the Saleen S7 I have so many posters.. and model(nitro r/c) cars..

Dimitrios said:
:eek:..where'd you get that poster?....be a pal....share :D
I got it from the Pirelli booth at the DOPI Nationals. (rei)

I made this one.. I took the pic from the pits at the Petit Le Mans at Road Atlanta last year.

DSC05808.JPG

What a waste of money! It does look very nice, but my old minivan would go that fast too if I dumped that much money into it. Instead I'd use that cash to build a six-bay climate controlled garage filled with:
Evo MR
TSX A-Spec
Speed6
G35 Coupe with full Nismo upgrades
Mini Cooper S convertible
M5
.....and maybe a small cabin by a lake for a weekend destination.

Latest posts

Back