Reviews Monday for 2017s?

:
2016.5 CX-5 GT AWD
Not sure if this was posted in another tread, if so sorry for the double post.

But TFL Car just had a sneak peak put out on the 2017 CX-5 and they say that the more in-depth reviews will be out on Monday, indicating that is when the press blackout will be lifted.

we should sticky a thread where we can contribute reviews as they become available.
otherwise I forsee these being scattered all over the Lounge in random threads. Just my $.02

that 40/20/40 split seat is awesome. the center going down is a pass through tunnel for snowboards, skis, and other long items. Not sure if the 1st gen had that, but thats a very useful feature. Even new CRV doesn't have that and it pretty much has every creature comfort already. Great design feature on Mazda's part for that.

Car Connection first drive

"2017 Mazda CX-5 first drive: Better, but is that good?"

I read a lot of reviews on Car connection and thought this was encouraging, "The 2017 Mazda CX-5 is incrementally sharper: it’s quicker to respond, better to drive, more fun to toss around, and sharper in every way. If tasked to drive a crossover every day around Southern California and in and out of the surprisingly lush hills south of San Diego, I’d deport myself to the moon if I didn’t pick the CX-5."

Last edited:
http://www.automobilemag.com/news/2017-mazda-cx-5-first-drive-review/

"After spending time in the Audi Q3, Mercedes-Benz GLA, BMW X1, and Lexus NX on hand (all of which were north of $40,000 as equipped), my drive partner agreed that even though the forced-induction-equipped competitors would all thoroughly dust it, the Mazda didn’t give any ground in the feature set (especially now that Mazda offers adaptive cruise control that works all the way down to a complete stop), offered a quieter interior than all but the Lexus, and provided better throttle response."

Man Mazda isn't playing around.

APPLE CARPLAY and ANDROID AUTO coming later... Early CX-5 adopters will be able to upgrade! There is a tidbit some of you might like...

APPLE CARPLAY and ANDROID AUTO coming later... Early CX-5 adopters will be able to upgrade! There is a tidbit some of you might like...

Hate to be negative on this, but that's the same line they've used on the Mazda Connect system in the Mazda3 since 2014......I'd love to see it, but not holding my breath.....

They have a minor error here: The rear seats werent adjustable and didnt fold entirely flat (leaning them forward created a tall step between the cargo floor and the seatbacks).

Only the base Sport model had seats that didn't fold flat. Touring and GT both have a mechanism that lowers the cushion to allow flat folding.

They are complaining about the slight hump in the prev gen that you had to get over even on the Touring and Grand Touring... Now on the 2017 you can slide and push something all the way from the back to the front, without having to lift the object over the gap between the cargo area and seat backs.

Last edited:
that 40/20/40 split seat is awesome. the center going down is a pass through tunnel for snowboards, skis, and other long items. Not sure if the 1st gen had that, but thats a very useful feature. Even new CRV doesn't have that and it pretty much has every creature comfort already. Great design feature on Mazda's part for that.

My Touring does. I don't think the Sport did.

They are complaining about the slight hump in the prev gen that you had to get over even on the Touring and Grand Touring... Now on the 2017 you can slide and push something all the way from the back to the front, without having to lift the object over the gap between the cargo area and seat backs.

Except it says "tall step" - the Sport really does have a tall step of several inches. In my GT I haven't really had any issues other than sometimes I need to push the seat back down firmly with my hand.

Last edited:
Back