Review after 3 days

And speaking of weight distribution I noticed this afternoon that Mazda put the battery in the rear of the engine compartment. Who else would worry about weight distribution in a CUV but Mazda?

I noticed that too! I think they put it in the trunk of the miata, at least for the 1st gen. kudos' to mazda for that!

Nice to see the rear-mounted location for battery, same location as seen in premium sport sedans.

OP, thanks for the tips and thoughts. As a prospective buyer, I was poking around building a CX-5 online where I struggled with adding a moonroof as a feature but along with a moonroof comes with bose, technology, etc.

What are your thoughts and any one else that has the feature think about it in retrospect? You said it's a bit far back and tiny.
Moon/sun roof was standard on my '03 Civic Si, which I missed on my current Cooper S and now I'm looking to add it on a CX-5. Can you do without it? I figured it'd benefit the ventilation since the CX-5 lacks the rear vents and would also be an added bonus because well, it's a moon roof. As for the bose system, I initially wanted it, but after reading thoughts on other owners perhaps a weekend diy project to upgrade the speakers could do the trick.

I understand it can be based on individual preference but I'd like to know from experience whether each trim after the other is worth it?

My thoughts on the moonroof are simple enough, I would not own a CX-5 without it. It's a 100% required feature in any SUV that I buy.

The biggest moonroof I've driven under was a Hummer H3, but the rest of the experience was marginal at best. The location and size of the moonroof in CX-5 is adequate from the perspective of those sitting in 2 front seats. It's a bit small for getting light and air to rear seat passengers, not a primary concern of mine. The AC has plenty of cooling power to cool rear passenger area. GT w/tech pkg is very well-equipped and very similar to premium car content without high premium price car price tag (I have 2 premium sedans for daily comparison).

Latest posts

Back