Resonating Issue with Mazdaspeed Exh.

p5freak

Hi All, I need some assistance here.

I have a mazdaspeed rear section exhaust as most of you do. Over the past few weeks I have been able to notice an important issue.

The exhaust is NOT that loud. It just resonates in the interior of the car (Especially over 65mph under accelleration).

Stay with me here...

I have been wondering if I put dynomat on the heat shield that is over the exhaust (sheet metal attached to the floor of the car underneath) wouldn't that kill some of the resonating?

I did also notice that the resonating is worse in the drivers/passenger seats than in the back seat.

When it comes to highway travel, since this is my family car, I have to use it. I'd rather deaden the sound somehow vs modding a silencer for use in the muffler or even worse taking the exhaust off. Yikes!!

Help me out!

I have been wondering if I put dynomat on the heat shield that is over the exhaust (sheet metal attached to the floor of the car underneath) wouldn't that kill some of the resonating?

Fine I'll be more specific then. I believe that putting a Dynomat sheet on the heat shield that is over the exhaust would go a long way towards quieting down the noise in the car. Another option might be to put it on the underside of the spare tire cover board thing. That would give you more area to apply the dynomat and you wouldn't have to worry about the heat issues that might come with applying it to the heat shield of the exhaust.

Is that better?????

That's exactly what I am looking for and much more.

I think that the dynomat would have heat issues as well being above the exhaust. The trunk idea is EXCELLENT!

Back