Research for replacement Rear endlinks

HKPRO5

:
Supercharged Protege5
So I found the 2002 Ford Escape endlinks to replace our fronts.

Now im looking to replace the rears. I have been scouring the internet for cheaper solutions
to our expensive and weak endlinks.

So here are a list of candidates that I have found to have a similar design for the rear endlinks.

96' Saturn SL2. Looks really sturdy, although it may be too short for our application

06' Volvo S80

2004 Volvo XC70

Im going down to Napa or checkers to see if I can get a look at these to see if they will work. So far from what I have seen they should be about $10 each.

OR just get a MSP set from rockauto and call it a day....lol

because of living in Hawaii, they dont even stock these parts on island. So i cant check them out without ordering them. =(

The front escape ones fit ours? And How different is the msp set? Are they expensive?

My custom adjustable endlinks I made from online parts catalogs turned out to be a huge failure. The ball joints are too weak to support the stress and continuously pop in and out of their sockets making for an obnoxious ride.

I still have the $190 AWR adjustables sitting right here, but I really would rather find some random endlinks that happen to be 1-1.5" longer than the stock end links. My stock links are actually just fine, but with my 1.5" drop from the HPK combo caused some nasty clunking within a month or so, even though my bushings were relatively new.

the sway bar is suposed to be horizontal when at ride height.

so when you lower the car it pulls the swaybar up with it

so longer endlinks are for lowered cars so the swaybar can drop back down and stay at the horizontal position for the best performance.

Back